Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

Did they announce yet what the grocery will be at the building? Any idea what will happen to Mike's Independent City Market when the new grocery store launches?

Architecture aside I am happy with the retail situation in this development. Five smaller units and activation in the pedestrian walkway is always welcome to me, and a larger second floor anchor (grocery store!) will be solid additions to the neighbourhood.

From the CBRE brochure:
1661267375079.png

Side note - let me dream about a healthy mix here before someone corrects me that this will be 4 A&Ws, a nail salon, and a 27k square foot dental office.

IIRC Sobeys had the lease here, no? I imagine it will be one of their brands then. I would normally say Farm Boy, but they already have a location at Bathurst and Front, so perhaps a Sobeys. I would personally hope for FreshCo as the area desperately needs a discount grocer, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I assume you meant to say "glass". In any case It certainly looks identical to the spandrel above the podium.
😳 it ISN'T protective film?! That's so tragic. I can forgive the shoddy precast (just barely..) but the spandrel coupled with it is such a goddamn eyesore

They pay for the corner site and increase density for their project, integrating the restored heritage house in the podium.

Last edited:

Back