Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

Well on a forum that has hundreds if not thousands of photos posted every day, would it not be prudent to use an image that's less than a decade old?

You asked which green glass like buildings I was referring to. I gave you an example. I'm not sure where you going with this...

Fair enough. I've always hated these ones, but to each their own, I guess.

30232-emerald-city.jpg

A 9 year old picture? You posting that from your iPhone 5?

Even if we disagree with someone, surely we don't have to fill the board with sarcasm?
I've lurked UT long enough to know people have asked you to do that before but you seem to have a hard time speaking to people on the boards as you would speak to a person/client/family member in real life, and frankly it's toxic in every thread where it occurs.

Last edited:
Even if we disagree with someone, surely we don't have to fill the board with sarcasm? Let's be grownups here.

I didn't think there was a need for the comment either. Maybe some of us cann't afford to upgrade Iphones or whatever...but I didn't want to turn into a big issue.

Perhaps some clarification is needed here: @C-mac appeared to claim that we are still under the scourge of 'green glass' - something which, for any number of reasons, hasn't been a problem in Toronto in years. When asked for examples of this, an image from 2013 was offered, so I'm still at a loss as to which recent / current projects @C-mac is taking issue with?

Perhaps some clarification is needed here: @C-mac appeared to claim that we are still under the scourge of 'green glass' - something which, for any number of reasons, hasn't been a problem in Toronto in years. When asked for examples of this, an image from 2013 was offered, so I'm still at a loss as to which recent / current projects @C-mac is taking issue with?

And to clarify, regardless of when they were built, there is still an abundance of these on the DT core, so I'm happy with most buildings that don't resemble this. So when asked for an example, I simply googled something like "Toronto Condos" and picked one image that showed some of these.

Last edited:
Thanks @egotrippin. That precisely gets into the broader issue: not 'green glass' or 'CityPlace circa 2008', it's the use of spandrel panel as a way to get around the nobly-intended, but poorly thought out 60/40 rule. And King Blue ain't even that bad in that regard...

(For clarity, I'm mainly criticizing Cinema Tower and 300 Front in that image)

Thanks @egotrippin. That precisely gets into the broader issue: not 'green glass' or 'CityPlace circa 2008', it's the use of spandrel panel as a way to get around the nobly-intended, but poorly thought out 60/40 rule. And King Blue ain't even that bad in that regard...

(For clarity, I'm mainly criticizing Cinema Tower and 300 Front in that image)
It's funny, I'm not a big fan but King Blue looks better in that shot than I remember. It will be interesting to see if the new green standards truly shake things up architecturally as I'd be happy to never see another spandrel panel used in a Toronto project.

While the blandness of Toronto architecture is certainly an issue, and the south core is almost entirely blue, at least many of the buildings in the south core look good in their own right, even if they are all basically the same colour.

This may not be blue or green or even black or white but it is bad. Very bad. I'd take a decent blue green building over a horrific colorful one.

Back