News   Mar 28, 2024
 276     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 304     0 

Toronto Pearson International Airport

Link:
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...656467843.html

Détails:
A total of 36.0 million passengers travelled through Toronto Pearson International Airport in the first nine months of 2017 as the international sector increased by 1.7 million passengers or 8.0 per cent and the domestic sector increased by 439,000 passengers or 3.4 per cent over the same period in 2016. A total of 13.6 million passengers travelled through the Airport during the three-month period ended September 30, 2017 as the international sector increased by 414,000 passengers or 5.3 per cent and the domestic sector increased by 166,000 passengers or 3.2 per cent over the same period in 2016. Both the third quarter and first nine months of 2017 recorded the highest number of domestic and international passengers.

YYZ approaching 48M + for 2017 and could hit 50M next year..Time to build the hub now..

It’ll be interesting to see how they reorganize flights once some of this is complete.

T1 and T3 will functionally be one.

It’ll be interesting to see how they reorganize flights once some of this is complete.

T1 and T3 will functionally be one.

I don't think the change will be that dramatic. I suspect T3 will become a LCC/charter terminal for the WestJet's, Transat,s, and Sunwing's of the world. You might see some of the non Star Alliance international carriers (Skyteam, One World alliance members, and Etihad) move to Terminal 1 as pier F's gates become freed up from serving as USA gates.

From the sense of positioning Pearson as a connection point from North America to international destinations it makes sense to make international connections as simple a possible.

***EDIT***
A sneak peak at the new master plan which appears will be released in December

Link

Last edited:
Thanks!

Has anyone noticed that domestic and transborder pax numbers are trending downward? I know they are still growing but the rate is not as dramatic as earlier this year or in comparison to the other major Canadaian airports, YVR and YUL. Any reasons for this? It is weird to see growth (monthly comparison, year-over-year) be in excess of 8% and now trending below 4%, particularly in the busy summer months.

I don't think the change will be that dramatic. I suspect T3 will become a LCC/charter terminal for the WestJet's, Transat,s, and Sunwing's of the world. You might see some of the non Star Alliance international carriers (Skyteam, One World alliance members, and Etihad) move to Terminal 1 as pier F's gates become freed up from serving as USA gates.

From the sense of positioning Pearson as a connection point from North America to international destinations it makes sense to make international connections as simple a possible.

***EDIT***

Link

Odd that they are projecting only 53M/year for 2037 when we are going to be pushing 48M this year.

EDIT - Nevermind, they meant destination, not including transfer - 85M/year total

AoD

***EDIT***

Link
Can’t wait to see the airside plan. Tired of the trans-border Quonset Hut.

Looks like it.

Thanks

Edit: The text seems far less ambitious than the RTC renderings (transit terminal) implied.

Yes and I'm ok with that. Though they still make mention of the RTC allowing conversion of T1 and T3 into essentially a giant passenger concourse.

What I found interesting was the suggestion of a rail spur from the Kitchener line

So when piers G and H coming to terminal 1?

From my reading of the document, Pier G is currently under construction in the form of a tripling of capacity of Gate 193. In short, it'll be a long time before you see wide-bodies in that particular location on the tarmac.

What I found interesting was the suggestion of a rail spur from the Kitchener line

Wasn't that part of the HSR "plan" from the begining? The surprising thing to me is that they show GO Kitchener trains as well as HSR veering off into the airport.....but the ReR service on the corridor bypassing the airport.

Wasn't that part of the HSR "plan" from the begining? The surprising thing to me is that they show GO Kitchener trains as well as HSR veering off into the airport.....but the ReR service on the corridor bypassing the airport.

I can't recall ever seeing a spur (or bend as termed in the document) being officially mentioned in any document. The only places I heard it being discussed was on forums such as this.

I can't recall ever seeing a spur (or bend as termed in the document) being officially mentioned in any document. The only places I heard it being discussed was on forums such as this.

Not sure it was specifically mentioned as much as suggested by not excluding it....the original plan Murray laid out in his original speech on the subject (and every other talk he gave on the subject) included two "facts"

1. it would use the KW GO corridor
  2. it would have a station right at the airport (interestingly one of the early - maybe the first- speech he gave on this was at a NAIOP breakfast at the international centre, in the building closest to Malton GO and as I sat listening to the talk of the station right at the airport I got the irony that we were at that time practically in the Malton station).
With that fact set, I guess it just seemed obvious to me that some sort of spur was gonna be necessary.

Back