Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

I think the problem with Cityplace goes far deeper than "similar looking buildings clustered together", but I guess that's just me.

e00fac84-33c9-4027-b313-f433ef0acf31_zpsdf36f313.jpg

0224219d-ca18-4c8b-9158-96bb562e7c9a_zps7e6f60ad.jpg

Last edited:
Let's hope that there is a decent retail component when it's all said and done. Outside of the RBC, I haven't seen or heard anything going in yet.

I think the problem with Cityplace goes far deeper than "similar looking buildings clustered together", but I guess that's just me.
It's true there are other problems, but this new "urbanized" development push in Mississauga will suffer from those issues everywhere in the MCC and not Parkside Village in specific. The growth wasn't organic over a longer period of time, will have a sterile sort of walkability and doesn't have enough medium to large units for families to occupy, so there are a lot of investor/rental type units and less care for the buildings themselves. I see it even within the Absolute towers.

Since those Cityplace type issues are just a fact of life, my unique concern is the concentration of so many similar looking buildings. I would have been much happier with each block being sold off to different developers, or if Amacon had employed different architects for each block. Even DT Toronto is experiencing "clustering" of buildings that are built 2 or 3 at a time, but a dozen? This would have produced a bit more variety in terms of how the buildings met the street, varying heights of podiums and retail storefronts and different cladding materials that give the area character and make it feel like an interesting place to live, work, shop, eat and play.

Honestly there are several cityplace buildings that are more interesting then these ones when counting from the second floor up ... the curved building with glass planes running between the floors is probably one of the most unique buildings that went up in the last decade ! There are others that have interesting features.

But where this one wins out is the podium by a long shot !

The problem I see here is how similar each building appears to be in the renderings, the city place buildings are quite different and that adds some interest; Hopefully they'll decide to change the design on some of the subsequent phases.

Panago, yuck.

Does anyone know what went into the base of Chicago at the south end? I see the north end has a medical centre.

Panago, yuck.

Does anyone know what went into the base of Chicago at the south end? I see the north end has a medical centre.

Never had Panago. I'll have to give it a try when they open. I know theres a Subway and a Rabba there.

Back