Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

The podiums are interesting, but the towers lack strong architectural elements to give each building an identity and distinguish them. In other words, the towers are generic in a way that recalls Crescent Town. Towers like these ones give glass towers a bad image of being dull and architecturally lacking. CityPlace towers all have distinct architectural features--though these features are generally limited to the south facades, with the the north facades being rather generic.

95dc28ec-4d17-4274-83b6-0edae486f15e_zpse496ff06.jpg

DSCN0043_zps969b1a25.jpg

It's awkward seeing a Mississauga Transit bus pass by an urban-looking building. Although the lack of cars and people make it look less urban...

It's awkward seeing a Mississauga Transit bus pass by an urban-looking building. Although the lack of cars and people make it look less urban...

I guess you haven't seen the area at peak time, as there are ton's of cars racing north/south past these building.

As for Pedestrians, a dead zone 7/24/365 and they want to build the LRT a block east. So much for ridership.

That the #28 route bus that has service every 25 minutes on average.

Until the rest of the towers get built, it will be a non urban area. Even then, that pushing it.

Looks like 2014 will be the start of the PVS towers to the south of these towers.

It will be interesting to see what retail goes in here.

Saw these in person ... boy ... is this going to be a hugely monotone development (unless they start adding some variety!) ... honestly I'd trade the banality of cityplace's podiums for this even though these buildings on their own are very nice, particularly the base !

There's an RBC going into one of the retail units..

It looks good! I like the scale they are creating with the podiums etc.

However, I do think they should try to add more variety in future phases in order to make it an interesting neighbourhood, from a visual standpoint.

Back