News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 429     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Parks

The city seems to slowly be adding more outdoor fitness equipment to various parks, which is fantastic. It’s so convenient to be able to knock out some quick sets if you don’t feel like or are able to hit a gym. Is there a detailed rollout available somewhere? Way more parks need this:
IMG_6244.jpeg

I have a question about the 2024 Budget and community centres. What is the Downtown Community Recreation Centre (Ramsden)?

The East Bayfront CC is in the Aquabella building?

What does the money for John Street corridor cover?

Thanks!

I have a question about the 2024 Budget and community centres.

I'm reading.

What is the Downtown Community Recreation Centre (Ramsden)?

Yes

The East Bayfront CC is in the Aquabella building?

Yes * (Aqualuna, actually)

What does the money for John Street corridor cover?

Given that no construction is due on the corridor this year, I'm going to suggest these are probably design funds, I assume most of the funds for this project are over at Transportation, but if I had to guess, this might be for the public square space contemplated the s/w corner of King/John. Not sure on that.

I'm reading.

Yes

Yes * (Aqualuna, actually)

Given that no construction is due on the corridor this year, I'm going to suggest these are probably design funds, I assume most of the funds for this project are over at Transportation, but if I had to guess, this might be for the public square space contemplated the s/w corner of King/John. Not sure on that.
Thanks for the reply! On Ramsden I would think that this is in Ramsden Park but is meant to serve Yorkville as well?

Thanks for the reply!

You're welcome.

On Ramsden I would think that this is in Ramsden Park but is meant to serve Yorkville as well?

Its the site of the current works yard just to the south of Ramsden, fronting Yonge.

It will be the principle recreation centre for northern downtown and Yorkville.

I am putting this here as there are no proposals yet but an interesting section in the 2017 Portlands Report recently posted in the Portlands thread. McCleary Park and the Commissioners Transfer Station are mentioned as having enormous potential as a major open space and community/cultural centre. Just a few images to get ideas going.

IMG_7578.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg
IMG_7576.jpeg
IMG_7575.jpeg
IMG_7574.jpeg
IMG_7573.png
IMG_7572.png
IMG_7571.png

Back