Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

How could anyone not love Luna!, really one of the best **glass** Towers to go up in Toronto over the last 5 or 6 years. From the second floor up at least.

It's a beautiful building. Core did a great job with that one. Far better than what they did with M5V

Glad to be living in Luna, but I really can't stand the back side of the building. I think HVE and Matrix are the only buildings that actually look good from every angle.

Parade will look awesome from Casa Loma, or at least from Walmer & Austin Terr! I just noticed the other day.

Christopher Hume said:
Cityplace has its fair share of detractors, but the fact is that it appears ready to become one of the most successful planned neighbourhoods in Toronto.

Development of the old railway lands started on the east side of Spadina and now continues on the west. Clearly, the lessons learned on the former were applied on the latter. Though there's much skepticism about this sort of urban mega-development, Cityplace seems to be getting it right.

As much as anything, this success is based on a solid understanding on the importance of the public realm. Much remains to be finished, but the attention to public amenities such as sidewalks, parks and even architecture has already made a difference.

Certainly, Cityplace will not be another St. James Town in terms of what's going on at street level. At Cityplace, roads are connected and sidewalks lined with planters. There are even a few small squares and public art pieces. The quality of the planning is matched by the quality of the architecture, which is remarkably sophisticated.

:cool:

Taken from "The Triangle" (west end).

PARADE-CITYPLACE-TCHC-06-11-2011.jpg

Do any of these morons have any idea what a real ghetto is? This is so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a reply.

interesting that in almost every article about Cityplace becoming a ghetto, some realtor makes some kind of ignorant remark or statement. Ironically they will not hesitate to help sell some of these units.
Anything they do to get their name out there.

Like Adam Vaughan says, Cityplace is still a work in progress.

i think its important to note that cityplace seems to be a very active community from the video

A lot will depend on the Library condos coming in, and on whether they can get some retail in the area that will attract non-City Place residents. If so, I think the area will be a success. I was surprised, though, in a video I saw about how noisy the Gardner is from the balconies. It was something.

A lot will depend on the Library condos coming in, and on whether they can get some retail in the area that will attract non-City Place residents. If so, I think the area will be a success. I was surprised, though, in a video I saw about how noisy the Gardner is from the balconies. It was something.

I think it already does attract some non-CP residents due to the Park and Sobeys. Where else would people walk their dogs nearby? The other parks are rather small in the nearby areas other than the QQ ones. Loblaws, new library and a daycare at Library Condo should help as well. The public school and community centre take a long time to get built. It's still a hole. I think the area will become vibrant. It's just going to take time.

The Gardiner isn't too bad. Once you close the balcony doors, you won't even hear it.

Yeah, I generally agree.

As for the balconies, though, I guess I had the somewhat naive idea that sitting outside wouldn't be so noisy. It's almost noiseless when the balcony doors are closed, which is good. But I dunno if I'd want to sit out there and read a paper on a summer Tuesday morning.

Back