Toronto Pan Am Village in the West Don Lands | ?m | ?s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

We live in a time where there is a growing realization that if we want to foster a strong cycling culture in this city, our infrastructure needs to appeal to a wider variety of people beyond the 1% of the population who are too fearless to give a shit about their own safety when they ride in busy traffic with their slick carbon fibre road bikes and spandex shorts.

Tell that to the cyclist who was almost killed yesterday at College & Bathurst.

View attachment 71411
This picture makes me sad Please tell me that the cyclist involved will be OK and make a full recovery

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't think she survived. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cyclist-struck-college-bathurst-1.3513976

The painted bike lanes along this stretch of College are badly abused by motorists.

Cyclists need to demand that the city commit to protected bike lanes.

Painted bike lanes along every stretch of every road in Toronto that features them are badly abused by motorists. Quite simply, in my books, there is no purpose whatsoever to painted bike lanes with no physical protection. It's a terrible, life-endangering farce that our city leaders haven't done a better job at building anything close to an acceptable minimum grid of protected bike lanes.

The West Don Lands Committee has just announced that Front and Mill east of Cherry will both re-open TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

This just added:" Canary District residents will start moving in April 11th - move ins will continue until July. Wigwamen and Fred Victor residents are expected in June. The first GBC students will move in in September. (GBC has already had many more applications than can be accommodated.)"

The West Don Lands Committee has just announced that Front and Mill east of Cherry will both re-open TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

This just added:" Canary District residents will start moving in April 11th - move ins will continue until July. Wigwamen and Fred Victor residents are expected in June. The first GBC students will move in in September. (GBC has already had many more applications than can be accommodated.)"

Planning to explore this on Saturday. Does anyone know if this includes other connecting streets (e.g. Bayview)?

I just walked past this site, and they've started removing the Canary District canvas signs from the fences.

From my window it looks like they have removed the fences and cones they had installed to stop vehicular traffic today, and I see joggers and people walking their dogs on the sidewalks, so it would seem it's already open to the public.

Back