UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Under Eglinton: Touring Progress at Keelesdale LRT station
ALSO

TORONTO Pan Am Sign

MTown

Vertically attached to the side of the CN Tower. Nothing else will do....except leaving it where it is.

MisterF

^True, but then the view most people would have of the sign would be TORONTO spelled backwards...

I say leave it where it is. It's a huge hit and adds a bit of fun to the square, something that would be taken away if it were put on a hill somewhere. The word "iconic" is thrown around too much on this forum, but I dare say that the sign at NPS has that potential.

^True, but then the view most people would have of the sign would be TORONTO spelled backwards...

I say leave it where it is. It's a huge hit and adds a bit of fun to the square, something that would be taken away if it were put on a hill somewhere. The word "iconic" is thrown around too much on this forum, but I dare say that the sign at NPS has that potential.
Yeah, fan of it right now. @ Yonge & QQ, how 'bout double stack, one in each direction?

howl

I like the sign but in person it's already starting to come apart at the seams. Someone needs to recreate it in aluminum and heavy duty glass. As for location I'd say leave it roughly where it is.

Last edited:

animatronic

I like the sign in picture but in person it's already starting to come apart at the seams. Someone needs to recreate it in aluminum and heavy duty glass. As for location I'd say leave it roughly where it is.
They could put it in the middle of the pool, which would protect it but keep people from interacting with it.