Toronto Palm Condominium Residences | ?m | 23s | Castle Group | HCA

I feel sorry for the suckers who bought. The Palms is a bad concept. It's cold for 6 months out of the year. Nothing like sun bathing in the middle of January on top of a 23 story building. The amenities are not even close to what a real resort provides.

The layouts have VERY LIMITED kitchen space. Awful concepts.

A lot of the new North York made-for-Korean-exchange students condos have tiny, tiny kitchens. Unusable for pretty much anyone who actually wants to cook meals, or has more than one counter-top appliance. Some of these condos remind me more of hotel rooms than permanent living spaces.

Really I remember a family friend who lived in a small condo with a small kitchen.

Lived off eating out for like 2 months and then came running home to his Mom's house for the weekend for some nice home food..

He moved into a larger condo and makes food for himself more often.

It is true though, that many people never make their own food to eat. I know some university kids who live on campus who have never cooked food. Its all microwave pizza!!

Its sad, I need home cooked food at least once a week or else I die...

The Palm's 'kitchens' really aren't more useless than typical kitchens in much larger and/or more expensive condos. Good condos kitchens are very rare...lousy/small kitchens are just about standard.

yeah, you have to move into an older condo to get a good kitchen...

Or I can just stay out here in the suburban hinterland..

I feel sorry for the suckers who bought. The Palms is a bad concept. It's cold for 6 months out of the year. Nothing like sun bathing in the middle of January on top of a 23 story building. The amenities are not even close to what a real resort provides.

The layouts have VERY LIMITED kitchen space. Awful concepts.

where'd you get the floorplans?
i went to their website and nothing was active ... asked you to register.

cdr ... the floorplans are all on The Palm's website (http://thepalmcondos.com/)

at the top of the page, click on SUITES

I'm one of those that think this exterior building design is simply ugly ... floorplans wise, the layouts are indeed awkward and small, poor design IMO

Scaled Model

Southeast + Northeast Elevations - taken from outside the sale office
Click to Enlarge

December 28 2009 update

Sure looks like this Palm is dead ~ :rolleyes:
Click to Enlarge

Sales Office Closed

Sure looks like this Palm is dead ~ :rolleyes:
Click to Enlarge

Sales Office Closed

According to Real Estate Agents selling the resales in this building....it has been SOLD out a while back. Don't know if its true. The uninspiring building with such low prices must have got the attention of enough buyers.

If that is the case, why hasn't construction started yet? That sales office has been closed for almost a year now. I would think a sold out building would get a permit and begin construction. I have a suspicion that this building will be cancelled due to the developer not being able to get the funding or permit. It's a terrible location for a condo, squished between a hydro sub-station and two ugly buildings around it.

I believe the current municipal address associated with this property is 5740 Yonge Street, and based on my search of the City of Toronto Building Permit Application Status listing I could not find any building permit applications submitted for this project ~

Notwithstanding the above, when reviewing the Planning Applications Status listing, I found that an application for Site Plan Approval for "a new condominium building" was submitted recently (Dec 23, 2009) with application # 09 199536 NNY 23 SA ... perhaps this could still be alive afterall ??

anyone with interest in this project should call City Planning to inquire (416.395.7137)

So it looks like he marketed the property too early and has sold out and didnt get significantly through the approval process...now he still hasn't got his permit.

I dont know on the situation on the hydro part at the back but this whole block needs to be redone...meaning acquire all the properties along yonge with the hydro lands(not easy and that has a lot of factors) but if you can't get the hydro lands AT LEAST purchase all the properties along yonge and redo a whole facade.

So it looks like he marketed the property too early and has sold out and didnt get significantly through the approval process...now he still hasn't got his permit.

based on the fact that the builder just submitted the Site Plan Approval application recently in Dec 2009 ... I would say that the builder didn't even start the approval process (until now) :rolleyes:

Back