Toronto Paintbox | ?m | 26s | Daniels | Diamond Schmitt

Exactly, the picture above is the building I was thinking of. That's what the latest rendering reminded me of and it ain't too pretty.

Hi,

Newbiew to this forum !

I am thinking of getting one of those townhouses along Cole Street and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the units are physically separated by concrete (or cider blocks) as opposed to drywall/ studs.

I've seen the preconstruction photos for Paintbox and it seems the units are separated by concrete walls.

I am aware how filmsy some of these walls are and you can hear everything from your neighbour's side. I currently own and live in a hard loft conversion and I've been through of hell here (inconsiderate & noisy neighbour on one side). Cant wait to move out soon.

Any heads-up on those townhouse units on Cole Street or even those in Paintbox would be much appreciated !

Thx in advance !

I saw something very cool and unique in Regent Park today. The is a huge mural being painted on one of the new buildings. I have never seen a mural/graffiti go up on a brand new building in Toronto and this one is wonderful. I love the colour and vibrancy of this art. It's much better then what was done on Church Street.

Last edited:
I saw something very cool and unique in Regent Park today. The is a huge mural being painted on one of the new buildings. I have never seen a mural/graffiti go up on a brand new building in Toronto and this one is wonderful. I love the colour and vibrancy of this art. It's much better then what was done on Church Street.

I'm guessing this is the mural in question?

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 1,161
I'd pass on the symbolic bird and the woman's head. I dunno, kinda reminds of the mural on the Richmond/Adelaide underpass on King - which I'm not that fond of. And I guess those images of St James Town further up are supposed to show the neighbourhood's unattractiveness, but I kinda like em. And the elevated park they got rid of.

How long before some idiot tags it?

Hopefully they give it the same treatment as the Corktown Underpass murals (where you can just wash idiot tags clean off). I was heartbroken when I saw ALIEN (Allen?) sprawled across one of them, and equally elated the next day when it was gone.

I would hope that anyone who would put up a mural this large and impressive, would coat it with a protective layer. This is Toronto and taggers are everywhere, so you have to prepare for it.

We'll have to get info on that. Thanks for the heads-up!

The art, called 'Faces of Regent Park' by artist Dan Bergeron, is being dedicated tonight between 6 and 7 PM if anyone wants to attend.

The artwork was dedicated yesterday evening, here\'s a few shots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0288.JPG
    DSC_0288.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,123
  • DSC_0343.JPG
    DSC_0343.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 1,096