Toronto Ontario Line: Queen-Spadina Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | HDR

It would be cool if Queen-Spadina had an underground streetcar station. With two streetcar lines smashing into each other with a grand union interchange a brand-new metro line, that might have been something that would be appropriate here.

It would be cool if Queen-Spadina had an underground streetcar station. With two streetcar lines smashing into each other with a grand union interchange a brand-new metro line, that might have been something that would be appropriate here.
The foresight for that isn’t there. Realistically this should be bundled in with a Queen “LRT” conversion of the streetcar, ie a dedicated ROW akin to Spadina but maybe with grass tracks or something of the sort.

The CIBC branch on the northeast corner of Queen & Spadina are moving several doors east into the former the Asics store, in preparation for future Ontario line station construction:

The CIBC branch on the northeast corner of Queen & Spadina are moving several doors east into the former the Asics store, in preparation for future Ontario line station construction:

I wonder if this will effectively replace both CIBCs closing on Queen West for OL station entrances, or if they're going to find another new location around Queen and Simcoe as well as this one.

I wonder if this will effectively replace both CIBCs closing on Queen West for OL station entrances, or if they're going to find another new location around Queen and Simcoe as well as this one.
They made a big deal in the notice on the door of the Queen/Spadina branch that the new branch is only 40 m away I.e. the old ASICS store.
Therefore I assume that they will want a nearby replacement for Queen/Simcoe too…. (Spitballing)

They made a big deal in the notice on the door of the Queen/Spadina branch that the new branch is only 40 m away I.e. the old ASICS store.
Therefore I assume that they will want a nearby replacement for Queen/Simcoe too…. (Spitballing)
Would be nice to at least get more than one ATM at each streetcar/bus stop and station. Ones that accepts deposits and withdraws. Maybe different banks.

Would be nice to at least get more than one ATM at each streetcar/bus stop and station. Ones that accepts deposits and withdraws. Maybe different banks.
But ATM's are becoming an anachronism. By the time these stations are operational in 5-10 years, cash will be even less in use than the low level it's in use today, and will be accepted in less places. I think we are probably past peak ATM.

But ATM's are becoming an anachronism. By the time these stations are operational in 5-10 years, cash will be even less in use than the low level it's in use today, and will be accepted in less places. I think we are probably past peak ATM.
This may see a small uptick in cash payments:

This may see a small uptick in cash payments:
Doesn't affect debit transactions though. So even if there is a shift away from credit cards, I'd expect it would be towards debit payments, rather than the whole hassle of finding an ATM and getting out cash for every purchase.

Doesn't affect debit transactions though. So even if there is a shift away from credit cards, I'd expect it would be towards debit payments, rather than the whole hassle of finding an ATM and getting out cash for every purchase.
I was thinking that more people would carry more cash in their wallets (ie $100) and withdraw whenever near an ATM.

Reactions: max
Going, going, almost gone. The CIBC branch on the north-east corner will be relocating to its new site, just to the east, at the end of the month.

20230124_140559.jpg

20230124_140622.jpg

20230124_135739.jpg

Back