Ontario Line: Exhibition Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

max

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm just happy shovels are on the ground for this and its truly happening. Will be quite transformative for the city.
Are shovels are in the ground? It looks like they knocked down a building but I've yet to see any sign they've started on actual construction.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Are shovels are in the ground? It looks like they knocked down a building but I've yet to see any sign they've started on actual construction.
Mostly "early work" such as lengthening the passenger tunnels at Exhibition, preparing for the TBM's, and clearing the area for construction material storage.

ol_-_exhibition_station_ew_graphic_-_dft_v04_aoda_-_2021-04-28.jpg

From link.

Existing Unopened Passenger Tunnel Extension and Tunnel Entrance Building​

An existing out of service passenger tunnel extension and station entrance will be opened. This newly opened tunnel and entrance with a walkway to Atlantic Avenue will be in service until the new north entrance is completed. The existing platform access at the bottom of Atlantic Avenue will be removed to accommodate construction of the new north GO platform and the GO Track 1 shift. Once the new north entrance is open, the Atlantic Avenue walkway will close and the tunnel extension and vertical access will continue to provide passenger access.