Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

I'm not a huge fan of the TTC line numbering thing but since they DO number all their lines, what makes the Premier think the DRL will get to have a proper name? It's been weird, the last couple of weeks, his apparent need to put his mark on things (subway lines, license plates etc.). In the meantime, not that Line 6 has a great ring to it, but I'm not calling the darned thing the Ontario Line just because he says so. If it's up and running by 2028, as he's promising, maybe I will.

In the meantime, I look forward to hearing how much time it will take and how much money it will cost to redo the TPAP which received formal approval way way back in, let's see....late October 2018.

We will see how long it takes to convert to an acronym.

Lower Ontario Line...........a Doug Ford project.

- Paul

The best I could get...

Press Release:

Quick Facts

• The Ontario Line will cost $10.9 billion and will be delivered by 2027.
  • The Yonge North Subway Extension will cost $5.6 billion and should be open soon after the Ontario Line.
  • The Scarborough Subway Extension will cost $5.5 billion and will be delivered before 2030.
  • The Eglinton Crosstown West Extension will cost $4.7 billion and will be delivered before 2031.
  • The projects will require a combined $28.5 billion, of which the province has committed $11.2 billion.
  • The Terms of Reference agreed between the province and the City of Toronto have guided discussions on uploading subway infrastructure from the city to the province, including the building and maintenance of new and existing subway lines. These discussions continue regarding existing subway lines.

Back