Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

The Relief Line should have been built decades ago. Each year it is delayed just adds to the cost. IE. The price of property along the route for stations has to be bought at higher prices, which keeps going up.
I’d like to see the stations built into an office or residential building like downtown. The city is densifying quickly and to have a stand alone station doesn’t make much sense in a rapidly developing core. The development could help pay for the station and the station in the building could be a huge selling feature.

Is there a better suggested name you can come up with?

Osgoode, Queen, Moss Park, Corktown, East Harbour, Riverdale, Gerrard, Pape.

I’d like to see the stations built into an office or residential building like downtown. The city is densifying quickly and to have a stand alone station doesn’t make much sense in a rapidly developing core. The development could help pay for the station and the station in the building could be a huge selling feature.

The issue with that is the space required for these stations is pretty massive, and there aren't that many big plots of land left in which to do that kind of integration. East Harbour and Gerrard are the only two along the alignment that are really primed for that kind of thing. But most station entrances will be integrated into some kind of building, though most likely shoehorned into an already-completed building.

Not a huge fan of "East Harbour" being used as a station name. Though there are some public properties in the mix, for the most part it's the moniker of a private development. Maybe Broadview South, however that's a tad bland. Personally like more obscure. In this case maybe Sunlight Park, or Saulter (which I guess is pronounced soo-er?).

Love it, but Riverdale is not really Queen and Carlaw.

What is wrong with Carlaw anyway? There is no Carlaw Station in between Pape and Chester. Makes Carlaw quite an ideal name if anything.

But failing that, Leslieville works?

My personal preference is that when the station doesn't fall upon a major surface route, and there's a strong neighbourhood identity, that the neighbourhood name take precedence. And you're right, Leslieville would be more appropriate.

Not a huge fan of "East Harbour" being used as a station name. Though there are some public properties in the mix, for the most part it's the moniker of a private development. Maybe Broadview South, however that's a tad bland. Personally like more obscure. In this case maybe Sunlight Park, or Saulter (which I guess is pronounced soo-er?).

You won't see "South" in any station name, so that's a non-starter. There may be another neighbourhood name attached to it at some point, but I don't think East Harbour is overly-commercialized (it isn't "organic", however). I put it on the same level as CityPlace.

You won't see "South" in any station name, so that's a non-starter. There may be another neighbourhood name attached to it at some point, but I don't think East Harbour is overly-commercialized (it isn't "organic", however). I put it on the same level as CityPlace.

Oh wait, why can't we use "South"? I don't know the naming rules. Maybe Lower Broadview could work?

And though I agree East Harbour isn't organic (the name is only a few years old, it's not on the harbour, nor touching any water) - I do see it as fairly commercialized. Perhaps on par with CityPlace. I believe TTC didn't want VMC for similar reasons, also it's stupidly long and weird. I guess if the GO station is named East Harbour, which realistically will be built first, it'd probably be best to use that name as well.

we should avoid using north south east west at all costs, especially if theres a better name available. the only reason im fine with east harbour is cuz i cant think of anything better.

Back