Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

What's the advantage of that over just building the DRL on Wellington or Adelaide?

King & Wellington are so close anyways so I'm not sure why having the subway directly on King would have any advantages over a street 2 min walk away.

The Bloor subway is actually north of Bloor, and Yonge between Eglinton and Bloor is slightly off Yonge as well. People have no problem walking a minute or two to the subway station from the street.

What's the advantage of that over just building the DRL on Wellington or Adelaide?

King & Wellington are so close anyways so I'm not sure why having the subway directly on King would have any advantages over a street 2 min walk away.

The Bloor subway is actually north of Bloor, and Yonge between Eglinton and Bloor is slightly off Yonge as well. People have no problem walking a minute or two to the subway station from the street.

The DRL tunnels could be deeper than the Yonge & University tunnels, allowing for the stairs and escalators to angle towards the DRL platforms from King.

they will have to be deeper regardless, at least in the core. getting around the PATH and existing subway lines won't be easy.

There were 3 meetings schedule by Metrolinx on March 1, 3 & 5 and they have been cancel for the Yonge Relief Network study.

I guess some backroom talking has taken place between TTC and Metrolinx on having a joint study, not 2 different studies now.

I feel Metrolinx was missing the big picture like TTC "NOT" taking the DRL north as far as Sheppard with Steeles being even better.

Anything south of the Danforth is a waste and will do sip for the Yonge Line. Going to Eglinton will help the Yonge line some what. Going to Steeles will help the Yonge line until 2050 when a new Yonge line will be needed.

^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and lots of it.

@innsertnamehere

I see you have the King Streetcar going down Wellington. Does this mean that you'll change Wellington to a 2-way road?

There were 3 meetings schedule by Metrolinx on March 1, 3 & 5 and they have been cancel for the Yonge Relief Network study.

I guess some backroom talking has taken place between TTC and Metrolinx on having a joint study, not 2 different studies now.

I feel Metrolinx was missing the big picture like TTC "NOT" taking the DRL north as far as Sheppard with Steeles being even better.

Anything south of the Danforth is a waste and will do sip for the Yonge Line. Going to Eglinton will help the Yonge line some what. Going to Steeles will help the Yonge line until 2050 when a new Yonge line will be needed.

I don't undersatnd this taking the DRL in the east all the way to Sheppard yet somehow in the west it can't even go up to Weston on Eglinto.. This does not make saense to me. And considering lack of ridership on Sheppard I do not seee why getting the DRL up there is a prioroty over getting the DRL up to Weston Rd and Eglinton which makes more sense.

I wouldn't discount it eventually going towards Weston/Eglinton. There is a lot of talk about making Mt. Dennis a transportation hub.

It shouldn't be a priority though.

I wish people would give reasons that a given part is higher priority other than just saying it is.

I feel a very reasonable argument has already been given on why the east side is higher priority: because the point of this line is to relieve the Yonge line, and the West already has a "relief line" called the University line which is not full.

If you disagree, please provide a reason (other than that you personally live there :) ).

I do not personally live near Weston Road. Considering most everything i read states Sheppard should never have been a subway how is it warranted that DRL go up to Sheppard? Except if you personally live there.

Because the west has a relief line already: The University Line.

So you are saying they built Sapdina as a relief for the west? Really? Well if its a relief line for the west and it is just 2 more stops from Yonge, people can just stay on from the east for 2 extra stops and avoid Yonge and congestion. That should provide relief for the east to if you ask me.

I wish people would give reasons that a given part is higher priority other than just saying it is.

I feel a very reasonable argument has already been given on why the east side is higher priority: because the point of this line is to relieve the Yonge line, and the West already has a "relief line" called the University line which is not full.

If you disagree, please provide a reason (other than that you personally live there :) ).

Well if Spadina is under used, passengers can continue west from the east for 2 extra stops, by pass Yonge and transfer at St. George right?

Well if Spadina is under used, passengers can continue west from the east for 2 extra stops, by pass Yonge and transfer at St. George right?
You can't just make people ride to St George to free up the Yonge line. Someone going to King Station would have to ride 4 extra stops vs. getting off at Bloor/Yonge and they're not going to do that. They would however get off at Pape and take the DRL to King Station since it would likely be a faster ride.

I don't undersatnd this taking the DRL in the east all the way to Sheppard yet somehow in the west it can't even go up to Weston on Eglinto.. This does not make saense to me. And considering lack of ridership on Sheppard I do not seee why getting the DRL up there is a prioroty over getting the DRL up to Weston Rd and Eglinton which makes more sense.

I expect the UP express to last only 5 years before they start adding stations. At which point, transfers from the DRL to the rail line at Liberty Village and Bloor-Dundas begin to make sense.

Back