Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Those are the other two that I am aware of, yes. It strikes me that under Birchmount on the BD would have also been a logical place to leave a potential station location, but the line profile doesn't indicate that.

Dan
The lack of a station on the BD at Birchmount is no doubt due to to the high cost of the Kennedy extension at the time which itself was caused by the extension having to be built underground due to local opposition and CN not wanting to cooperate with the TTC in regards to the GECO subdivision. Had the extension been built at the surface like it was between Vic Park and Warden than I think there would have been a good chance of a stop being built at Birchmount.

In fact this isn't the first time this has happened. Back when the Spadina Extension of Line 1 was being planned the TTC originally proposed a station between St.Clair West and Eglinton West at Glen Cedar Road called Vaughan. This station wasn't built due to the section of the line being buried after residents of York made it clear they didn't want anything running through the Cedarvale Ravine not a highway nor a subway. The only map I could find of this has the station as part of the Bathurst Street alignment but I assume the station would have been retained even with the highway alignment had either the highway been built or local opposition not as fierce.

EHMASSiWoAIjQdf.jpg

Back