Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Good, I hate those enclosed bridges, tunnels where they shouldn't be. Much nicer to see the light of day rather than being indistinguishable from being underground. Enclosed bridges aren't exactly aesthetically appealing, plus extra work to build an enclosure. The only advantage that comes to mind is protection from the elements, but if it were that important, why do existing open sections seem to do fine without much issues?

hawc, kotsey do you have any recent drone photos of the area just south of the Ontario Science Centre where the Ontario line will be turning west?

Particularly the area above the ET Seton Archery Range? The facebook page created by the archers there have recently reported/noticed the encroachment and widening of the work area that has caused the range to be reduced/reconfigured. It's an active group and some aerial photos would be great to see.
Thanks a ton!!!
Today, from the opposite side of the ravine:
IMG_2561.jpeg

Good, I hate those enclosed bridges, tunnels where they shouldn't be. Much nicer to see the light of day rather than being indistinguishable from being underground. Enclosed bridges aren't exactly aesthetically appealing, plus extra work to build an enclosure. The only advantage that comes to mind is protection from the elements, but if it were that important, why do existing open sections seem to do fine without much issues?
Make lemonade out of a lemon...

C98BC56B-CD4C-48AA-86A1-A913C199AD8A.jpeg

From skatemag: "King S**t" back in 2017.

Make lemonade out of a lemon...

From skatemag: "King S**t" back in 2017.
Pretty sure you could do the same thing on the subway tracks in an open section too, easier to climb over the fence than on top of that bridge, and no risk of falling off 😅

They were not windows. Just openings. And IIRC the panels were installed partly for noise, but mostly to keep the elements out and reduce maintenance.
openings on the top makes 0 sense to me. Lets in some light but... then people just see a concrete wall anyways, and lets in all the elements.

openings on the top makes 0 sense to me. Lets in some light but... then people just see a concrete wall anyways, and lets in all the elements.
Apart from the final sentence about the elements, couldn't this argument be used against having windows on a subway car at all?

Back