Mississauga One Park Tower | ?m | 38s | Daniels | Kirkor

One Park Tower today, roof enclosed, waiting for its 'fins' and gargoyles..
(more pics in City Photos MCC update)

mccnov1314.jpg

2010823097_95dfcf8afb_b.jpg

2011593098_db719fd86d_b.jpg

2010785201_329ad78dc2_b.jpg

Future City park and in the wrong spot and too small.
2011582282_15e143b07a_b.jpg

2010749063_3854fcfcff_b.jpg

2010744831_b2323db0bb_b.jpg

2010719725_83cc7bf946_b.jpg

New construction for next phase as well Universal condos and the Confederation bridge over 403.
2010726885_3fe41f20b8_b.jpg

2011536354_06621e88d4_b.jpg

2011621474_a9a55260cb_b.jpg

2012030752_d6dcc0b017_b.jpg

Considering the city/developers cut down or are in the process of doing so a fully developed forest just north of the site, I have to completely agree with this.

But then again, Mississauga rarely gets anything right.

Considering the city/developers cut down or are in the process of doing so a fully developed forest just north of the site, I have to completely agree with this.

Wait tell this one goes when the hotel and condos get built in the next few year. This would be a good location as well being larger in size.

Mississauga doesn't get things right from day one. Developers call the shoots.
2010906405_6129c5456e_b.jpg

It might just be me, but this building/picture probably has had to come out the closest to the rendering of any recent project in recent memory for me (ie. with the addition of a crane and some unfinished balconies near the top portion). It's the top building in MCC right now imo, and hopefully a decent restaurant will go in the bottom.

About the park- while I think the spot they have is likely better suited for a more urban plaza sort of set, the greenspace and break from concret will be a nice addition once development in the area is further along. Regarding the size, there's already a huge park to the east, and if memory serves, Parkside Village includes a fair amount of greenspace.

I hope that this thread won't turn into another city bashing thread. There's already been plenty of those.

Would you prefer lots of tower-in-a-parks? Just like the good old days?

That park actually a small part of a very large future network of parks in the west side of MCC. Just look at the Parkside Village plan and you will see.

I hope that this thread won't turn into another city bashing thread. There's already been plenty of those.
Yes, please, let's not bash this city anymore. It's really annoying.
That park actually a small part of a very large future network of parks in the west side of MCC. Just look at the Parkside Village plan and you will see.

There is a plan for Parkside Village? WHERE?

But its so much fun bashing Mississauga.

I mean they still build strip malls VERY close to the city core. I mean, have a little creativity.

Not a great tower but at least better proportioned than those goofy stumpy Daniels towers previously built.

Mississauga seems to have an Atlanta kind of style. The buildings sure are a lot better than some of the slabs of recent memory.

^^ I actually find One Park Tower to be a lot more unique than Citygate. I mean, the thing is going to have gargoyles on it, you rarely see that applied to a new building. Plus with all the condo look-a-likes rising in Toronto nowadays I don't mind a different design. One City Centre is a close second for me though.

I still see it as being a tower that thinks it's a French Chateau. Hideous. It's enough to make me join the Urban Shocker school of modernistic fanaticism.

Back