Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Not with Hideous Bay Center across the street.

So if this turns out well the intersection isn't improved and better served. I don't understand how you arrive at that.

Earlier today:

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpg
    IMG_2583.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,063
I mean it's just bog standard Toronto Condo windows. Nothing to get excited about. And honestly, not surprising given it's a tall investor-bought condominium. Oh yes, they're better than P+S etc but really just the standard glazing HP uses on many of their buildings.

(Debating "quality of the glass" on a condo tower is kinda pointless when you think about it--unless it's a luxury condo.)

What would excite me: a condo tower clad in less than 50% glass.

Last edited:
What do you mean by, 'tis a bore? Your photos are a bore, or the quality of the glass is?

I wouldn't read into his comment ... not that I disagree but I believe UD finds just about all glass boring.

Heck if the entire thing was glad with cinder block (no windows of course) I'm pretty sure UD would be jumping up and down with excitement.

Yup. They're putting the finishing touches on the roof of the podium right now. Planter boxes etc. The next level up will be the first level of the tower and I think It's really going to go up like mad at that point because it'll be a much smaller footprint - about 1/3 the size of the podium and I think they'll only use one crane. I can snap an overhead shot today if anyone's interested.

Do people really argue about who took better photos of a few windows?

I'd like to see that overhead shot too, hawc.

Back