Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

attachment.php

It's funny that these pool and lounge chairs are going to be directly in the shadow of the Xerox office tower not 30 feet away. You'll be out tanning in your swimsuit and some dude at his desk will be looking out his office window right at you.

I really hope Apple decides not to and decides to build a flagship store.
When it was rumoured that Stollery's was selling 1 Bloor West, many folks thought that Apple was the purchaser, precisely to build one of their classic low-rise all-glass flagships.

Which would have been awesome.

It's funny that these pool and lounge chairs are going to be directly in the shadow of the Xerox office tower not 30 feet away. You'll be out tanning in your swimsuit and some dude at his desk will be looking out his office window right at you.

That sounds like a delightfully urban experience. Imagine the feeling being on a pool sandwiched between a 75-storey condo and a 15(?)-storey office building with so much action around. I don't think anyone moving to the corner of Yonge and Bloor would expect otherwise.

Here is the pool at Maple Leaf Square, which is surrounded by high rise developments. This shot was taken from ICE, and if I had to rank places in Toronto to go for a swim, this would easily be on my top 5.

I hope pool at one Bloor will be much better than this one.
I don't like these kind of swimming pools. swimming pool should be covered.

^ So you can use it all year round. The pool in my building is on the roof, is covered and is open 24/7 365 days a year. The deck surrounding it is not covered so good in the summer and no go in the winter.

In downtown Toronto, there is no other option. All outdoor, podium pools have apartments overlooking them.

Yeah but within reason. It's one thing to have apartments in the area looking down on you. It's another thing to roll over in your lounge chair and stare at an office worker twenty feet away from you in teh Xerox building. Tha'ts all I'm saying.

The pools will be indoor/outdoor pools.

In attached image, red box will be indoor hot tub, green box is indoor/outdoor pool the side closer to hot tub is indoor, and the orange box is just outdoor pool with partial cover. although it looks like the majority of the lounge areas will be on the outdoor deck.

Attachments

• pool one bloor.jpg
    pool one bloor.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 622

Back