Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

The "campfire" bench isn't that new... At least 6 months now, and not really near 1BE; it's across the street IFO the IBM building (120 Bloor East).

It is awesome though; touch a sensor on it and the lights turn orange/red and mimic a campfire.

The slow reveal...

OneBloor.1.jpg

OneBloor.2.jpg

OneBloor.3.jpg

OneBloor.4.jpg

OneBloor.5.jpg

Nice, but I'm quite sure that if I had that moving around 24/7 right outside my window, I would stop at nothing to have it removed.

It's a shame when the city has something interesting and different and people still complain. It's either boring or of it's too weird, Toronto can't win.

My statement isn't that complicated, is it? I love that sculpture, but the building doesn't exist for our viewing pleasure, it exists for its residents.

My statement isn't that complicated, is it? I love that sculpture, but the building doesn't exist for our viewing pleasure, it exists for its residents.
the building exists for the residents, but the sculpture exists for our viewing pleasure.

There are 2 types of joints between the links. There are nicely finished colorful ones that always introduce a bend into the finger. And then there are these:
1542989128687.png

These are always between straight sections of the finger and are not at all nicely finished. They are there for ease of construction and assembly on site, I assume, since these are what bolt individual preconstructed modules together. Any predictions here? Will they just be covered up by nice chromed cylindrical covers so that the two links they connect become a single long chromed cylinder?

Back