Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

So how do they clean that thing? I'm assuming that the crane lifts it down, where its then hauled off to some crap graveyard. Imagine the mess if the crane were to drop it ;)

Also, I've noticed that many, if not most, developments have them located on the top of the building. Would it not be better to have them all located on the ground level?

I've watched them bring them down to street level. A vac truck comes in and cleans them all out. Then they're good to go. Let me tell you though - you don't want to be down wind when this is being carried out.

Judge for yourself

hIaGqt3.jpg

So how do they clean that thing? I'm assuming that the crane lifts it down, where its then hauled off to some crap graveyard. Imagine the mess if the crane were to drop it ;)

Also, I've noticed that many, if not most, developments have them located on the top of the building. Would it not be better to have them all located on the ground level?

There are many toliets on site, and Ontario Health & Safety regulations stipulate that you have to have a certain amount of toliets for the number of people on site, and also that those toliets need to be placed at x distance from the work being performed. On a project of this site, there are likely dozens of temporary toliets.

Because the formdeck is non-accessible from the construction hoist, the toliet on the formdeck is flown down by the tower crane for cleaning. Usually at the same time, the toliets on the floors below (which are generally placed on wheels) are rolled to the construction elevator hoist brought down to be cleaned all at once. On a lot of large projects, this is usually an off-peak / night operation to prevent conflicts with day-time construction activities, as it congests the construction hoist (which is usually the key-bottleneck on any high-rise construction site) for a long-period of time.

Last edited:
The view from top floor of 2 Bloor St W.

DSCN1373low.jpg
DSCN1374low.jpg
DSCN1379low.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1373low.jpg
    DSCN1373low.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,923
  • DSCN1374low.jpg
    DSCN1374low.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,908
  • DSCN1379low.jpg
    DSCN1379low.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 2,896
Anyone know the floor count. I think we are at least at 40 by now.

Edit did a quick floor count got 43

No I think you were right the first time around
we are at 40
Roof terrace is 7th floor (Double volume)
35 more to go.

Okay, assuming we're at 40 now and there are about 30 more stories to go. Here's the approximate final height projection from Bloor and Church.

IMG_9712.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9712.JPG
    IMG_9712.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,588
Last edited:
Great new shots! The line drawing indicating approx hieght... I was was just doing that with my fingers against the screen. counting ten floors then going up. Plus five. and accounting for the mechanical. LOL. If I only scrolled down that extra little bit. Thanks for sharing guys.

Boxing day update. There seems to be gravel or stones down on this one area of the podium. Are they going to start laying pavers already?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 1,808
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,796
That swimming pool will be the most beautiful swimming pool in Toronto

Yeah as long as you don't mind being watched by everyone in 33 Bloor East. I worked in that building and our desks are about 50 feet from the pool. It's not very private.

The pool in YC Condos has it beat in my opinion

YC-CONDOS-AQUA66-POOL_SOUTH.jpg

Back