attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,026
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 2,974
As awesome as this project is, I'm not a fan of the podium balconies. Too much going on and too many jagged lines for me. Maybe once the balcony glass on the tower goes up it will make the podium looks less jarring..

^ You're not the only one. Those balconies completely ruin the podium. The is probably the worst podium being built in the downtown right now...well, maybe second only to Pinnacle on Adelaide.

^ You're not the only one. Those balconies completely ruin the podium. The is probably the worst podium being built in the downtown right now...well, maybe second only to Pinnacle on Adelaide.

That's quite a bold statement... I'm sure it will look a lot better once it doesn't look like a construction site.

As awesome as this project is, I'm not a fan of the podium balconies. Too much going on and too many jagged lines for me. Maybe once the balcony glass on the tower goes up it will make the podium looks less jarring..

I too think the podium balconies look a bit jagged/not as smoothly curved out as the balconies on the tower portion. May just be an illusion because they sharply stick out and end at the south end of the podium. Also with you about podium balconies, but I think in One Bloor's case, they're serving a key design purpose to stand out like that at street level, to compliment the rest of the building.

I think the balconies on the podium seem like a bold accent, but they do create a lot of tension and drama, and create the illusion of energy. I think saying this is the worst podium is a bold statement, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I certainly disagree.

One issue I have with the balconies is they take away from the very high quality glass used, that is they obscure that detail away, of course it is visible on other sides of the project.

With that said once its all said and done I think it could make for a very interesting built form, the podium already has that going for it given its fairly irregular shape, the balconies may help highlight that.

I think the balconies on the podium seem like a bold accent, but they do create a lot of tension and drama, and create the illusion of energy. I think saying this is the worst podium is a bold statement, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I certainly disagree.

+1

If these pictures are true to reality, and the glass really is an ice-cold stone grey, then this is a happy surprise: For once, the colour of the glass in reality is better than the one in the renders.

It struck me whilst sipping on my dark roast timmies as I stood right here gazing up into the snow bloor east what the corner retail ought to be: a flagship Tim Hortons Organics --imagine everything would be organic and more upscale.
lK6VjSW.jpg

On a slightly related note--the HR men's store is perhaps the most Manhattanesque men's shop in Toronto--well done!
5lzVI7i.jpg

psAtksr.jpg

tw49uy5.jpg

rYTclUs.jpg

i43PITs.jpg

Back