Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

25 August 2014: Good Morning Yorkville
Db4sGX4.jpg

Beautiful new glazing going up on the southwest corner of the tower today. This will be part of the amenities area. Sorry about the poor quality photos.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,886
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,882
Beautiful new glazing going up on the southwest corner of the tower today. This will be part of the amenities area. Sorry about the poor quality photos.

You never need to apologize about the quality of your photos! Your contributions are always welcome. Plus the view from your place is awesome!

They've now poured the 22nd floor. They have really picked up the pace since they started using that pumpcrete.

Interesting that it's 22 floors, whereas the building behind it (33 Bloor) which is the same height is just 17 floors total.

Yup. Exactly, but I still didn't think they're be'd such a discrepancy between floors. I didn't think two buildings almost the same heigh could already have a 5 floor discrepancy at such a relatively low height.

I love the glazing, it is gorgeous. Sorry our building is casting a shadow on One Bloor East at the moment, so the photo is a bit dark.

DSC02036.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02036.jpg
    DSC02036.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,204
Yup. Exactly, but I still didn't think they're be'd such a discrepancy between floors. I didn't think two buildings almost the same heigh could already have a 5 floor discrepancy at such a relatively low height.

If they've just poured the 22nd floor, from a visual point of view, that slab looks more like the ceiling of the 21st floor, so only a four floor discrepancy.

Also - perspective is everything. To me, these pictures show One Bloor as already being taller than the office tower - or at least matching the upper mech penthouse, which looks to be two stories above the 17th storey top floor. Therefore only a discrepancy of two floors (19 to 21).

And then there's this shot of sMT's from when One Bloor was only in the 20th floor slab, and from that angle it looks pretty close to 33 Bloor's 17th, maybe taller already.

One Bloor's first floor is as tall as 33 Bloor's, and the second and seventh are taller. Three through 6 are comparable. Only eight and higher would be shorter floors. We will need some shots that are from the same height as the top of 33 Bloor.

They are putting the forms in place for the 23rd floor now.

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02038.jpg
    DSC02038.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 2,298
  • DSC02039.jpg
    DSC02039.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,314
  • DSC02040.jpg
    DSC02040.jpg