Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I haven't posted a picture in a while, so here's one from today.

2rylqg2.jpg

love this angle. I'm still waiting for a building to go up next to Uptown Residences where the Scotiabank building currently sits. Yonge and Bloor is shaping up to be an insane intersection, there's now pressure/awkwardness on that south-west corner and the low-rises immediately south of it. I how they would go a bouts redeveloping it if they ever do.

Back to One Bloor, what's up with those wood box-like-structures on that top floor?

Yep, you're spot on steveve. From Stollery's to the Scotia that strip is itching for redevelopment.

As for One Bloor--if I'm not mistaken it appears that we're now finally seeing the tower take shape. Super exciting stuff for this summer.

Thanks for the pic LNahid2000!

If I have this right, then the deep slots that can be seen in the formwork will be filled with concrete and rebar to become the huge transfer beams for what is essentially the lowest level of the tower. If you can provide us with any close-ups centred on that area, they could be some very interesting images!

SE corner of Yonge & Bloor

love this angle. I'm still waiting for a building to go up next to Uptown Residences where the Scotiabank building currently sits. Yonge and Bloor is shaping up to be an insane intersection, there's now pressure/awkwardness on that south-west corner and the low-rises immediately south of it. I how they would go a bouts redeveloping it if they ever do.

Back to One Bloor, what's up with those wood box-like-structures on that top floor?

I'm totally agree with you!
1 Bloor West should be tranformed into the new highrise develpment sretching about one city block to the south...

Last edited:
Great photo!

While I really love this project, I find it a quite interesting that the the columns on the retail entrance supporting the tower (i.e., the ones that carry the greatest loads) have no horizontal bracing for the first 12 meters up.

Definitely Photo of the Night material—thanks!

Yes, nice photo. In person, the sense of scale is astonishing, especially the two storey front entrance. It will be a huge gallery, facing directly out to the middle of the intersection. I'm looking forward to seeing the lighting, glass, and interior treatments. Exploring this building should be fun!

Yes, nice photo. In person, the sense of scale is astonishing, especially the two storey front entrance. It will be a huge gallery, facing directly out to the middle of the intersection. I'm looking forward to seeing the lighting, glass, and interior treatments. Exploring this building should be fun!

Yep. Renders always have the habit of messing with the perspective of how podiums will look at street level to showcase the entire structure. And, in turn, look a lot different in person. Notable example is Auras street level renders. The scale of this thing is astonishing. I love it. You can already tell this is gonna be a huge building just by looking at it! :D

I love buildings that create that big city, downtown, animated vibe! I think we might have a winner here.

Exactly. This is streetwall of the scale and style that Toronto needs. The Tableau project on Richmond is another promising example. It's clearly not suburban, and emphatically invites you to experience the intersection as a pedestrian rather than a motorist. I could actually imagine the drivers in that pic wanting to stop and get a closer look. That's the real test.

Last edited:

Back