Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

img1608r.jpg

img1610zm.jpg

Last edited:
Man, it's next to impossible to get close to the pit to see the big pour, the cops won't let anyone near, and rightly so I guess, they don't want anyone getting in the way, or getting run over by a truck, they are lined up all the way down Bloor Street, right to University Avenue, impressive to watch.

head up to the top of the parking garage Hayden st. you get a great view of the pit and chances are the cops won't be bugging you up there.

Great pics, thanks, so exciting to be witness to the birth of a new landmark tower! Now, just envision how much this neighbourhood will change if 50 Bloor, along with 27 and 140 Yorkville and Casa 2 are constructed, awesome! In another 10 years this area will have an entirely new skyline, bigger then many other cities, yet it's only a small part of ours. It is indeed a very exciting time in the history of Toronto to be alive, I simply cannot wait to see how the city will look by 2020!

I did a count of all the cement trucks from all of my photos and the total came to almost 50! An almost continuous line from Yonge & Bloor to University, down Bay to Charles, down Yonge to Hayden and half a dozen along Hayden. Bloor was down to 2 lanes, Hayden was closed and Charles was closed for Chaz (crane I think). On top of that, Bay @ Dundas was closed for Motion. Very exciting stuff unless of course you're trying to drive anywhere in the neighbourhood.

I also counted at least 50 trucks. It was one of the coolest feats of engineering I have ever witnessed in person. Surprised I didn't run into any of you on the roof of the parking garage

I recall the 'big pour' at U Condo's pad last year. I think the construction guy told me it was 160 or 260 cement trucks in one day.

Back