Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

This is gonna be exciting, measured by 149 pages of activity and still no shovel in the ground Is that a record??

I've met ladies that like to tease but this is one lady that just loves to go beyond teasing, at least show us something , dont leave us going home all hot and bothered.

I just took a look at the city website site and the only building permit issued for this project is for temporary structures despite the fact that the applications were filed 10 months ago. I wonder if this reflects the actual status of the permits and if so why the delay. I hope its not because someone in the planning department is dragging his or her feet. A project of this importance should be getting expedited approvals by the city.

1 BLOOR ST E
11 235791 TPS 00 Temporary Structures Jul 11, 2011 Permit Issued
10 299436 FND 00 Partial Permit Nov 30, 2010 Not Started
10 299436 BLD 00 New Building Nov 19, 2010 Under Review
10 299436 SHO 00 Partial Permit Nov 19, 2010 Under Review
10 299436 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Nov 19, 2010 Not Started
10 299436 PLB 00 Plumbing(PS) Nov 19, 2010 Not Started
10 114837 ZSV 00 Zoning Review Feb 5, 2010 Not Started
09 196487 ZSV 00 Zoning Review Dec 14, 2009 Not Started

I am not sure how up to date that list is, but nonetheless, buildings of this size have very complex working drawings that take time to review. The Building Dept. (not planning, by the way) has probably issued comments from the initial submissions and have probably gone back and forth with those who have submitted the permit applications. The City is understaffed when it comes to the amount of appilcations that are submitted and those working on them are not dragging their feet.

Perhaps they are waiting until the Debt Limit in the U.S. is resolved.

Anyway, I saw a bulldozer there this morning.

Given that all this construction equipment has been moved to the site, I think it is very likely that the City website listing the various application statuses is simply out of date. We know that the planning department (presumably including the person(s) responsible for updating this website) is grossly understaffed, and I cannot imagine that updating the website is a high priority.

I am not sure how up to date that list is, but nonetheless, buildings of this size have very complex working drawings that take time to review. The Building Dept. (not planning, by the way) has probably issued comments from the initial submissions and have probably gone back and forth with those who have submitted the permit applications. The City is understaffed when it comes to the amount of appilcations that are submitted and those working on them are not dragging their feet.

Thats a good point - we have to remember the sheer number of projects pouring through the building department - probably more than almost any other city right now - and each one must be thoroughly reviewed. They cant just increase staff each time a new proposal comes in so I'm not surprised its taking a while to check these complex projects.

I think perhaps the perception is that it is taking longer because there were other projects before it that were hyped but then fell through..? I like the look of this building, much more than previous proposals- I really hope it all goes through as is.

Lots of vehicles and equipment on site but no activity. I'm assuming they're waiting for steel and/or permits.

1benite.jpg

Lets assume steel, cause if its permits, its a joke...here we have a developer with equipment and work force ready to start, while the City of Toronto sits on its ass trying to figure what permits havent been issued yet. Come-on

Lets assume steel, cause if its permits, its a joke...here we have a developer with equipment and work force ready to start, while the City of Toronto sits on its ass trying to figure what permits havent been issued yet. Come-on

The contractor usually gets ready in an anticipation of the permit issue so they can start immediately after; it is illegal to start without the appropriate permit.

I know of a few overworked planners that would take you out to the shed and give you a good whippin', boy.

How can someone who parades the amount of construction and the endless supply of oversea investors be completely oblivious to the mountain of due process behind getting these things built without incident. Another angle, why should One Bloor be able to jump the cue just because it's big and tall?

No patience at all. Your partner must have all the toys.

Back