Toronto One Bedford | ?m | 32s | Lanterra | KPMB

So... any comments on the glass which I showed up-close by kindly going out to the site and snapping a photo all for my friends here at UT? :D

I have seen these window frame and colours some where else
IMG_sept-02-09-0217.jpg

So the window mullions/framing is indeed a light bronzey colour-- for some reason in the earlier photos it looked silver. Also, earlier photos were perhaps a bit misleading by making the colours look too playful for this project, even too pastel-like. But they are looking much better in person:

sept59.jpg

Update by SP!RE (Using Nikon D50)

I can't say I'm particularly impressived by the spandrel + window colours, like PE, I would say it is averge at best and does not portray the 'upscale' image of the One Bedford project ... but I guess its still too early to tell :)

thanks for the images drum118 + SP!RE ~

It is up to them to make their place here, not complain when their asinine musings go unnoticed ... prove their worth ... participate in discussion

Funny you should mention "discussion". That's precisely what your bff tried to prevent with every tantrum. I'm not surprised he has a history of being banned.

I don't take lectures on membership here from people who have no authority or power. If you want to create your own private board where membership is earned and "proved", you're welcome to do that. All members, upon joining this board, have the right to contribute, period. The more helpful things they do, the better. And don't flatter yourself or misrepresent what a lot of decent, well-meaning people have been expressing: we're tired of the garbage, and we're sweeping out the trash.

bleat, bleat, bleat, bleat, bleat.....

Adma's now taken to messaging me saying how much he wants to "meet". I've told him I don't spend time with anyone who makes racist or homophobic comments, or utters threats. Even if they're asking me to "disarm".

If you want to mend fences, pal, then it's entirely up to you and contingent on your doing three things:
1. Publicly and unequivocally disavow any threats, racism and homophobia.
2. Acknowledge that others have the right to express their views, even if you disagree with them.
3. Walk your talk, and keep on walking it.

Not that you deserve it, but doing these might actually buy you a little latitude around here.

Last edited:
Well said Northern Magus, thank you.
It's one thing to discuss, disagree and even engage in fiery debate in a civil manner here but calling people idiots, stupid and issuing threats is far below the quality of this great board.

I feel like in Drum's photo quoted a few posts above this one, there is some type of protective wrap on the mullions or it's just my eyes or the light quality-- but it terrified me because I thought the mullions were SILVER. UGH.

When I took my photo and saw the windows up close, I found the mullion colour to be very pleasant. My only question is why on Earth they didn't use clear or smokey-tint glass. It would've suited the building far better. (See rendering.)

Northern Magus: I know it hurts, but the proper place for tangents like this is here, not in this thread.

Funny you should mention "discussion". That's precisely what your bff tried to prevent with every tantrum. I'm not surprised he has a history of being banned.

I don't take lectures on membership here from people who have no authority or power. If you want to create your own private board where membership is earned and "proved", you're welcome to do that. All members, upon joining this board, have the right to contribute, period. The more helpful things they do, the better. And don't flatter yourself or misrepresent what a lot of decent, well-meaning people have been expressing: we're tired of the garbage, and we're sweeping out the trash.

Adma's now taken to messaging me saying how much he wants to "meet". I've told him I don't spend time with anyone who makes racist or homophobic comments, or utters threats. Even if they're asking me to "disarm".

If you want to mend fences, pal, then it's entirely up to you and contingent on your doing three things:
1. Publicly and unequivocally disavow any threats, racism and homophobia.
2. Acknowledge that others have the right to express their views, even if you disagree with them.
3. Walk your talk, and keep on walking it.

Not that you deserve it, but doing these might actually buy you a little latitude around here.

great pics!

excited to see how this one will turn... within the context of the renewed Bloor St. our city finally gets a bit of "5th Avenue" touch.

- yk

Back