Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
The townhouses have good materials and attention to detail. If only they were contemporary to match the tower.

That area is really improving with the investment in the Queensway ROW and new neighbourhood emerging.

I agree that those townhouses are actually decent quality, though some variety certainly wouldn't have hurt, and once again, the huge mistake of lack of retail rears its hideous head. As if the Queensway wasn't already a desolate stretch - it should have been mandatory to have retail in the base of these developments. Instead of fixing the problem with this golden opportunity (these are reclaimed industrial lands, remember), all these new residents are now forced to drive (hilariously with an LRT ROW on their doorstep) to do their shopping all the way at that ugly plaza west of the Humber, all the way east to Roncy, or all the way north to Bloor West Village. What a stupid, stupid oversight that could have been so easily avoided and even added some street vibrancy to an area where it was nonexistent.

These condos look a lot better than Parkside,kinda feel sorry for the owners of the townhouses that wraps around NXT frontage,it looks a like a Berlin Wall.:D

I can see why the developer didn't include any retail and the city didn't push him to do so. It would be a tough sell to fill the units and keep them filled here.

Oct 16

IMG_oct-16-09-0079.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0078.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0048.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0049.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0050.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0051.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0052.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0053.jpg

IMG_oct-16-09-0062.jpg

drum, you 've really got it goin' on today.....thx for all the updates! :)

Nxt2?

When is the 2nd NXT tower going to be above grade? Are they not both going to be complete within 6 months of eachother?

To me, it looks like the building is about to collapse on those poor old townhouses. What a beautiful view it must be to wake up from your townhouse to see the conceirge looking at you. No thanks!

what kind of view from NXT phase 1 viewing south/west would you get? do you think you would get any city? cn tower? or just all 100% water. I understand the west would be blocked a bit from phase 2.

The SW corner suite in NXT1 will basically only have water views and views towards NXT2

in order to see CN Tower one would basically have to look straight east from NXT1, given the odd shape of NXT1 in which the SE corner juts out, all possible east views from the SW corner unit would effectively be eliminated

don't just take anyone's word ... see for yourself:

http://www.nxtcondos.com/ ... click on ARCHITECTURE, then AERIAL to see the site plan~

The SW corner suite in NXT1 will basically only have water views and views towards NXT2

in order to see CN Tower one would basically have to look straight east from NXT1, given the odd shape of NXT1 in which the SE corner juts out, all possible east views from the SW corner unit would effectively be eliminated

don't just take anyone's word ... see for yourself:

http://www.nxtcondos.com/ ... click on ARCHITECTURE, then AERIAL to see the site plan~

if you got paid 1 dollar for every peice of good info you have posted you could be a millionaire lol.

I also asked them about a south/east view, they only had 7th floor left, that means I am closer to the highway.

the south/west view units are on the 20-21-22 floors if I recall. so that was a bonus being 22floors away from the hwy. I am sure being that much more up would help. I just hate being on floor 7 from the highway. I guess I can ask them if they have 100% east facing units.

also I think if you were on the east side, closest to the south of the building as possible, that would give you a good view of city+water.

Last edited:
thanks for the compliments caddyfleet ...

going for a east facing suite (which is really east-northeast due to the rotated street grid in the area) would get you the CN tower view if you were looking for that ... however you would have to make sure you are not in the northern half of NXT1 looking east, because that would mean you will be looking at the Windermere on the Lake building ~

Back