Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
The south curtain wall is incredible on these towers. It has no cheap colour tinge, and a there's a beautiful arrangement of mullions on the wings of the towers. The south facades look amazing from the waterfront.

Getting to the waterfront via NXT isn't the most pleasant journey...

Getting to the waterfront via NXT isn't the most pleasant journey...

Are you serious? Please elaborate.

Is it because you need to walk for two minutes under a bridge? There is nothing unpleasant about it, unless of course, you have some bias.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Please elaborate.

Is it because you need to walk for two minutes under a bridge? There is nothing unpleasant about it, unless of course, you have some bias.

No, its because people run into individuals like you:eek:

I wasn't referring to NXT's location, but more so the condition of the sidewalks to the lake, as well as not being very pedestrian friendly.

No, its because people run into individuals like you:eek:

I wasn't referring to NXT's location, but more so the condition of the sidewalks to the lake, as well as not being very pedestrian friendly.

It's pedestrian friendly. There are sidewalks with a direct route to the lake - literally a two minute walk.

The south curtain wall is incredible on these towers. It has no cheap colour tinge, and a there's a beautiful arrangement of mullions on the wings of the towers. The south facades look amazing from the waterfront.

I agree, the facade turned out great. I do, however, wish the roof features were more pronounced.

Last edited:
It's pedestrian friendly. There are sidewalks with a direct route to the lake - literally a two minute walk.

Did you take a look at those sidewalks? For one thing, they are severely cracked, as if we experienced a major earthquake in the area. In addition, there's chips of cement everywhere, stones, and water leaking from the walls. There should also be gates separating the pedestrians from the cars, as its a little too close for comfort.

Should I contact 311? I did already for Ellis Avenue and they've cleaned things up for me last year. I don't know why residents don't complain. Its as if we live in a third world country under attack.

If it worked once, try 311 again then. Otherwise, call ward Councillor Sarah Doucette.

Did you take a look at those sidewalks? For one thing, they are severely cracked, as if we experienced a major earthquake in the area. In addition, there's chips of cement everywhere, stones, and water leaking from the walls. There should also be gates separating the pedestrians from the cars, as its a little too close for comfort.

Should I contact 311? I did already for Ellis Avenue and they've cleaned things up for me last year. I don't know why residents don't complain. Its as if we live in a third world country under attack.

Did I take a look? Yes, I walk on them. Could it be improved? Definitely. Is it an "unpleasant journey"? not at the least.

The conditions are unacceptable, especially with the property taxes we're paying for.

105 The Queensway from 103 The Queensway:

NXT2.jpg

103 The Queensway from 105 The Queensway:

NXT1.jpg

Attachments

• NXT2.jpg
    NXT2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 626
  • NXT1.jpg
    NXT1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 627
I have a friend shes on the higher floors facing south east towards the city and its a damn amazing view at night.There be no issues for sure another condo blocking her view.Fit and finish was ok but the view...wow...

A real shame about the awful townhouses though. Did Cresford go with bizarro-faux derivatives because sleek contemporary ones would be too edgy for that market segment?

A real shame about the awful townhouses though. Did Cresford go with bizarro-faux derivatives because sleek contemporary ones would be too edgy for that market segment?

The NXT town homes look decent, but the other ones across the street are hideous.

Back