Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Yeah...didnt really want to think too much about the ramifications if NXT2 was never built (i.e. maintenence fees, missing ammenities, etc.) but I got a bad feeling that things have stalled big time and that there is no start date in sight.

If anyone on here is an NXT2 owner, or knows of one...i would definitely have them look into this ASAP!

I sometimes wonder if any of y'all read the news?

Newsflash: Presales market is in the dumpster. Especially in 2nd rate locations such as this one. So it may not be the developer's fault, but rather the market's fault...aka, simply not enough buyers out there.

totally agree on your evaluation of the market....

calling this a second rate location is quite a stretch - but there's no need to argue on that point since this is "what you do on this board"

I sometimes wonder if any of y'all read the news?

Newsflash: Presales market is in the dumpster. Especially in 2nd rate locations such as this one. So it may not be the developer's fault, but rather the market's fault...aka, simply not enough buyers out there.

Hmm, I'll have to srsly disagree w/ that to call it "2nd rate". I prefer to live away from the crazy concrete jungle yet be close enough if I want to access some amenities once in a while. It's not my fault most ppl sacrifice quality of living for supposedly more convenience and the 'image' of imagined prestige by being crammed into an extremely dense cityblock w/ very poor views.

Hmm, I'll have to srsly disagree w/ that to call it "2nd rate". I prefer to live away from the crazy concrete jungle yet be close enough if I want to access some amenities once in a while. It's not my fault most ppl sacrifice quality of living for supposedly more convenience and the 'image' of imagined prestige by being crammed into an extremely dense cityblock w/ very poor views.

Booya!! Well put Onfence.

Well...I don't think "2nd rate" is the right choice of words....but there's a reason why these condos are priced lower than Casa...location. That's a fact.

But as long as people are happy with their purchase, that's all that matters. I actually like NXT quite a bit.

Well...I don't think "2nd rate" is the right choice of words....but there's a reason why these condos are priced lower than Casa...location. That's a fact.

But as long as people are happy with their purchase, that's all that matters. I actually like NXT quite a bit.

Yup, there will always be tradeoffs: if one prefers ultra-convenience, chances are the property will be in the city core and it will be relatively crammed, but then one would command high prices because that's what they paid to get in on the action (seems like the majority of buyers prefer this type). On the other hand, one could prefer a more laid-back surrounding, but then there would be relatively less amenities and convenience and hence a lower price.

From today:

Attachments

• DSC01766.jpg
    DSC01766.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 265
There's this discussion of NXT building height in the real estate forum:

Have a west view from 24th floor and purposely purchased on 24 to clear NXT2. Was told at my PDI that NXT2 has been extended to above 30 something floors. Grrr! Oh well I have a couple years...

What, NXT2 will be even taller than NXT??? That does deserve a "Grrr!"! At first I thought that it was supposed to be 25 storeys but then they reduced it to the low 20s...so now they've increased it to above 30? Wow.

Does anyone know how many storeys will be NXT-2 be?

Also, by counting the # of storey on NXT-1 in drum118's photos, I am only arriving @ 28 storeys for phase 1, can anyone living in the building confirm the number of storeys (not floor #s which may skip 13 or 4s)?

Cheers :)

Oct 27 Click for full size

What, NXT2 will be even taller than NXT??? That does deserve a "Grrr!"! At first I thought that it was supposed to be 25 storeys but then they reduced it to the low 20s...so now they've increased it to above 30? Wow.

Yeah a couple years ago it was ok to build at 20-25 storeys...nowadays here in Toronto nobody wants to build any hi-rise under 30 storeys, we must get used to it.

^I heard NXT2 sold in a hurry. Like in one night, nuts.

For an aA design, gotta say these buildings slightly disappoint me. Perhaps if the spandrel glass had been cheerier colours such as Irish Green, Orange etc and the roof was painted a bright colour it would work better.

Back