1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 931     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
argh.. that is crushing! :( -- as a music freak, each time a "record" store closes, is a huge loss.. not cool at all..it is a prime spot- something music related better open in its place...not another freakin' condo- please...let it be something entertainment related...

argh.. that is crushing! :( -- as a music freak, each time a "record" store closes, is a huge loss.. .

I'm shocked that HMV lasted as long as it did, given what the cost of that space must be, coupled with the chain's gradual slide into an irrelevant hawker of cheap plastic crap and remaindered books & DVDs. As music fans, we're fortunate to still have quite a few really good independent shops, unlike many other cities. I hope that continues.

I'm shocked that HMV lasted as long as it did, given what the cost of that space must be, coupled with the chain's gradual slide into an irrelevant hawker of cheap plastic crap and remaindered books & DVDs. As music fans, we're fortunate to still have quite a few really good independent shops, unlike many other cities. I hope that continues.

Agreed. I'm astonished that HMV is still around at all. I really thought they'd be gone two years ago.

Sucks to see a music store close but i will be honest, i haven't set foot in a HMV in close to 10 years for the reasons you just mentioned. Even in the 90s i always shopped at Sam's and other indie stores because the selection was better and the staff was more knowledgeable.

I should be more careful about how I express myself. When I said "date-rape creepy", it was more the lechery and the women-as-furniture/women-as-sex-toys vibe, rather than rape culture per se. The women don't look like they are being forced - they just look vacant. I don't think they are targeting the 50 Shades of Grey readership, but I don't disagree with your comment that it perhaps is trying to achieve that notion (although badly implemented). I don't mind sex in ads - include breasts, penises, intercourse, whatever. These ads aren't sexy, however - they're more reflective of what a perpetually-adolescent knucklehead who gets very little actual sex thinks sex is. In a sticky sock kind of way. Gross.

If I had a dollar for every ad like that ...

And by the way, it's not just ads directed at men/boys. I have seen similar editorial concepts/layouts in women's fashion mags. Vogue is a huge offender, especially the European editions.

This is Greenwin Square.

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 3J6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 125494 HVA 00 MS Accepted Date: Mar 6, 2014

Project: Retail Store Building Permit Related(MS)

Description: HVAC - To complete interior alterations for a fit up for the existing "No Frills" grocery store.

Must be a new No Frills! A great replacement for the Sherbourne Street location that closed a few months ago. Will be nice to have a No Frills a 5 minute walk away rather than having to go to Carlton & Parliament.

Be still my heart. But it is a "unique shopping experience," I suppose.

AuraEvite_565.jpg

Attachments

• AuraEvite_565.jpg
    AuraEvite_565.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 340

Back