809     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 985     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 962     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
huh, Pier one is where ING is no ? The money mart is becomming a tim hortens. But your right there are a couple more south of dundas.

ING is definitely in the old Pier One space. I've been in there (in a second-floor meeting room)--it's changed quite a lot since it was full of futons and candles, but they've kept the open feeling.

A new childrens toy store called Silly Goose Kids just opened up on Danforth Ave just west of Woodbine Ave (next to the DeSarres)

Last edited:
Queen near Bathurst. Royal Bank going in here.

Capturerbc.JPG

Where did you hear that BLVD was becoming a bank? The guy in there told me a month or so ago they were reformatting the concept. I guess the end was near anyhow with CB2 across the street

^ Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5V 2B5

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 286834 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Oct 4, 2011

Project: Bank Multiple Projects

Description: Interior atlerations, re-roofing, and re-cladding to existing retail space on ground floor for new bank. RBC.

Great to see a Panera Bread coming downtown!!! Panera Breads i have been to in the states are always packed!

A Rexall/Guardian pharmacy is opening in the old Blockbuster spot on Danforth at Jones...I would have thought that the Alfie's Gym upstairs would have expanded below though..

Joe Fresh & Winners are both now open at 585 Queen St W (at Portland)
Joe Fresh is at ground level with Winners on the third floor and an unannounced retail spot taking the second floor..

I don't know what will be on the second floor...the front entrance was papered over as there was still construction going on and there was no sign about what was coming or when
I also didn't see an escalator going to the basement so I don't know if there will be anything down there if there is one

Back