955     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 650     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Speaking of Uncle Tetsu's, how is their cheesecake? Every time I walk by, there seems to be a lineup extending out onto Bay Street but I've never had the patience to wait and try it out. I ask the question because the online reviews for this Toronto location seem to be mixed.
It's amazing. So soft and fluffy. Less intense of a flavour than regular cheesecake. I can't wait for them to have the different flavours available here too.
Glad to see they're back to a green card the next day.

I assume this is the thread for Atrium on Bay, seeing all the Muji discussion is here.

Anyway, noticed today that there's a coming soon sign for a Ryerson University campus store in a small space in the basement level on the Yonge end, next to Pickle Barrel. Seems like a curious location to me, even if it is near the university. Not sure what that means for Ryerson's current campus store on Gould at the NE corner of the 10 Dundas East complex.

I noticed that too. I'm assuming the store on campus is closing or they are renovating. I can't see both stores being around.

I noticed that too. I'm assuming the store on campus is closing or they are renovating. I can't see both stores being around.

From what I could see inside, they installed a lot of bookcases and shelving, plus a retractable tape barrier for the cashiers. I'm assuming that it's a temporary store to sell (mostly) books, to alleviate all the students going to the main campus store. It appears they're using what must have been staff office space for the former Guess store. The door was newly put in last week.

Tilley is opening on Front Street in St. Lawrence (next to Hero).

Looks like Tilley is not coming to Front Street after all.

tilley.jpg

Attachments

• tilley.jpg
    tilley.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 507
Just noticed that Stussy on Queen has closed. Are they relocating or is that a permanent close?

Back