Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

Maybe it's a sponsored editorial piece paid by Madison?

If not, it's quite an embarrassing piece of journalism for UT.
It definitely has to be. There was an article not too long ago advertising the amenities, which seemed like an interestingly timed PR exercise. IIRC, it was right around when the back lane spandrel was going up and everyone in the forum started to get concerned with the impending cheapening.

From 22.3.22:

IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1273.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1275.jpg
IMG_1276.jpg

Is everyone a little happier now? It been the end of the world on this thread for a while now.....Phew!
Happier? Not really, I’m pretty sure those who know this disappointment will be an eyesore when it’s complete has just stopped following this thread as closely.

I walk by it every day and no longer waste my time pointing my phone at it.

Nobody has been yelling sky-is-falling, it’s just another mediocre tower, there are so many other nice ones to focus on.

I think many UTers feel defeated and this thread isn't worth their time.

I for one have given up on this building. It's not going to get better.
You've gotta turn that frown, upside down. Sure there are more more interesting things under development, but this one is above the median compared to the whole. I would rather look at this one than a majority of the other green/blue glass rectangles.

You've gotta turn that frown, upside down. Sure there are more more interesting things under development, but this one is above the median compared to the whole. I would rather look at this one than a majority of the other green/blue glass rectangles.
Why? You are asking folks to like something they are reasonably disappointed in. And you (or others) may choose to like it for whatever reasons...isn't gonna make those folks like it.

Dialing all this back though, because the developer chose more expensive glass for here and there doesn't cover up the more value engineered materials they using for a highly publicized project. And that elephant in the room isn't going go away until they rip out all the cheap stuff away and replace with higher quality ones.

Furthermore, since Toronto grey is the predominant colour being used here, blue or green (or real gold) would probably be welcomed at this point, IMO.

Why? You are asking folks to like something they are reasonably disappointed in. And you (or others) may choose to like it for whatever reasons...isn't gonna make those folks like it.

Dialing all this back though, because the developer chose more expensive glass for here and there doesn't cover up the more value engineered materials they using for a highly publicized project. And that elephant in the room isn't going go away until they rip out all the cheap stuff away and replace with higher quality ones.

Furthermore, since Toronto grey is the predominant colour being used here, blue or green (or real gold) would probably be welcomed at this point, IMO.
Not trying to convince you (or others). Just offering another point of view.

I think many UTers feel defeated and this thread isn't worth their time.

I for one have given up on this building. It's not going to get better.
I actually think it might get better, although that's not saying much at this point. I have some optimism as the grid pattern becomes more apparent, and I am encouraged by the hint of bronze that's evident in those pictures. I'm hoping the grid is strong enough visually to distract from the messy spandrel and mullion windows.

Back