Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this building rise above the podium towards the tower section. Then watch the developers attach the curtain walls up. Let's make this a supertall instead of Mirvish's supertall towers.
Well no supertall here but one of the towers was originally proposed @ 67 storeys and close to 200 meters until the city chopped it to 57s/157 meters
...gee how times .change

The Preservationist

Member Bio
Reaction score
The City (the Planning Department) fought this, saying that Mercer wasn't the right street for such dense development. They don't have final say, however, which typically rests with the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (and which was at the time of this development the OMB) when developers want to fight the City's position. There are now stricter guidelines in place to provide more space between buildings, but developments of this size take years to be realized, so it will be some time before all construction reflects the reality of current policy.

While nobody has a right for a maintained view I believe the spacing and lack of sunlight at the lower levels is an issue for a city wanting to be world class... One may ask are we creating high end slums?

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Can't wait to see this building rise above the podium towards the tower section. Then watch the developers attach the curtain walls up. Let's make this a supertall instead of Mirvish's supertall towers.
It would be great to double the building's heights. Add a skybridge as well.

Torontovibe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Speaking of sky-bridges, while I do like the bronze colour of this development, I much prefer the original design, with the bridge on top.

ciceror

Member Bio
Reaction score
A sky-bridge would look nice, but I'm not sure what the function would be since the towers already share a podium, unless you mean apartments inside the sky-bridge rather than just a path

StephenR

Member Bio
Reaction score
E5DAC313-253E-4DA5-B655-266B1C23BDE3.jpeg

4D6BCF58-AC77-4D8A-A356-9D9164E64DF6.jpeg

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is this where the Mercer club used to be or am I mistaken?