Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

It's hard to tell from the renders alone, but the "black trim" looks a lot like brick to me.

Pretty quality detailing if the rendering depiction follows through. Ambitious project as well in terms of the Nobu branding. Interested to see how this develops.

Gold glass and black/dark brown cladding? The 70's live...

When I first saw it, I was hopeful for black cladding with subtle bronze-tinted glass like the TD Centre (from the '60s). Alas, it's probably just the colours of the sunset reflecting on the glass. Notice how the glass on the sides isn't tinted. Usually, the same tint is used on all four sides of a skyscraper.

When I first saw it, I was hopeful for black cladding with subtle bronze-tinted glass like the TD Centre (from the '60s). Alas, it's probably just the colours of the sunset reflecting on the glass. Notice how the glass on the sides isn't tinted. Usually, the same tint is used on all four sides of a skyscraper.
It's bronze tinted glass on the exterior faces with mirrored glass on the two interior faces.
The exterior looks neat, you can see in some of the renderings that it's not cladding but a perforated metal screen.
Looking forward to seeing how this building turns out!

It's bronze tinted glass on the exterior faces with mirrored glass on the two interior faces.
The exterior looks neat, you can see in some of the renderings that it's not cladding but a perforated metal screen.
Looking forward to seeing how this building turns out!

What's your source on the bronze-tinted glass? It's an unusual choice for a condo or hotel these days. The rendering shows the building in sunset light, which can colour the glass bronze for the duration of the sunset.

Well Teeple says the towers are Bronze in the Toronto Star article, but I know because I'm working on the scale model for this building. I'm not allowed to do anything other than confirm what's already been announced though, sorry :/
I will say the material selection for the building sounds great on paper!

Back