Richmond Hill NEXT at Elgin East | ?m | 10s | Sequoia Grove Homes | BDP Quadrangle

Thanks for letting us know. I will keep you posted if I hear anything for mine. I know some others who have actually received notices of interim occupancy for Fall 2023 for the townhouses.
If you don't mind, which block are you in/what's your current tentative occupancy?

I went to the site yesterday and I find there has been little progress since December. I think The Hill next door is moving very fast, got frames for some homes already.
For everyone with experience in buying pre construction, is this normal?

I went to the site yesterday and I find there has been little progress since December. I think The Hill next door is moving very fast, got frames for some homes already.
For everyone with experience in buying pre construction, is this normal?
I noticed they made improvements to the framing of blocks 9,10, and 12. That’s about it.

They did mention winter would be a slower time to construct, but yes the Hill has made solid progress.

I noticed they made improvements to the framing of blocks 9,10, and 12. That’s about it.

They did mention winter would be a slower time to construct, but yes the Hill has made solid progress.
Is there an entrance where I can see progress better. I've just driven past it on Elgin Mills, and looked from the back of the retirement home so can't really see the whole site?

Is there an entrance where I can see progress better. I've just driven past it on Elgin Mills, and looked from the back of the retirement home so can't really see the whole site?
Along Bayview north of Elgin Mills after the Temple Entrance there is a set of lights that you can turn right into the development. You have to drive in a bit then turn right towards the towers. A bit muddy right now.

I’m glad more blocks are being done. The ones next to building A really hasn’t had much movement. I’m guessing their focus was more building B to make the sale.

I’m glad more blocks are being done. The ones next to building A really hasn’t had much movement. I’m guessing their focus was more building B to make the sale.
By progress I mean they have framed up parts of block 9, 10, and started 12. Still very early on though 😂

I have no experience so when people said preconstruction is a ”waiting game”, they are not joking.
I pray that interest rate will be lower by the time we all close.

It does sound like people are starting to receive letters indicating their unit is further delayed. But I’ve also seen some people get interim occupancy notices for their townhouses in the fall of this year. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I have no experience so when people said preconstruction is a ”waiting game”, they are not joking.
I pray that interest rate will be lower by the time we all close.
Hopefully rates will be lower.. they are expecting them to be lower by Q4 2023 to Q2 2024. So let's see - fingers crossed. Luckily I'm not in a rush to move, so this delay may be a good thing

It does sound like people are starting to receive letters indicating their unit is further delayed. But I’ve also seen some people get interim occupancy notices for their townhouses in the fall of this year. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
I know someone in block 3, and he received a notice in January that occupancy will move from April 2023 to July 2023.

Hopefully rates will be lower.. they are expecting them to be lower by Q4 2023 to Q2 2024. So let's see - fingers crossed. Luckily I'm not in a rush to move, so this delay may be a good thing

I know someone in block 3, and he received a notice in January that occupancy will move from April 2023 to July 2023.
Any idea if this is interim occupancy ? Or just another tentative occupancy date?

Any idea if this is interim occupancy ? Or just another tentative occupancy date?
Not sure. I'll ask next time I see him...
But based on the progress for Block 3, I'd assume interim and as it's only a 3 month push out

Last edited:
Not sure. I'll ask next time I see him...
But based on the progress for Block 3, I'd assume interim and as it's only a 3 month push out
Thanks a lot. Yeah given the progress of block 3 I imagine we are in for some longer delays for blocks with less progress.

Thanks a lot. Yeah given the progress of block 3 I imagine we are in for some longer delays for blocks with less progress.
I was planning on going by the site this weekend to see the progress (or lack of), but came down with covid :( so doubt it will happen now

Back