Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

`
mhs16.jpg

I don't seem to dislike this buildings as much as others, in fact it looked quite promising at first, at least the simplicity and scaling seemed appropriate to me. That finishing they're putting on isn't helping matters, I dare say it looks patchy and little improvement over the concrete.

the bldg next door will be torn down in the next few years so this will be obscured ultimately. this is why they did not spend money in this area.

Judging from the changes over time in androiduk photos, the left half of the large wall is the finished product... And it looks just like the original concrete. What was the point?
Hopefully there is more to come.

$omebody defintiely has billboard$ in mind.

Beige? Are they nuts??

Any shade of gray or black would suffice here. Instead, they're pretty much legitimizing every bit of criticism slung their way over the west side here.

Sigh.

We've got a dramatic colour difference here with the last two photos, which is correct androiduk? Judging from what I know of the other buildings around there I'm presuming the most recent photo?

We've got a dramatic colour difference here with the last two photos, which is correct androiduk? Judging from what I know of the other buildings around there I'm presuming the most recent photo?

It might just have to do with lighting?

Look at the difference between the spandrel in the 2 pictures as well, one is a silver colour and one is more blue.

Back