Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

WOW.. all im saying is that with 1 bloor, with the moving of the four seasons, redevelopment of the holt renfrew building, with proposals such as charles street and others around yonge, Avenue is going to lose some of its luster unless it gets some development of its own. no condos or mid rise condos can be quant but again on a TTC interchange it seems like a waste of potential.. If midrises or smaller condos are going to exist they should be monopolizing Yorkville proper instead of a main intersection...

Where can one find out about the Holt Renfrew redevelopment?

Sixrings likely means the redevelopment of Cumberland Terrace beside it. There is no impending redevelopment that I am aware of for Holt Renfrew.

yes sorry I was referring to Cumberland Terrace redevelopment.. There are so many buildings and names I often forget which is which.... I Still hope that University/avenue road and Bloor can see some extensive development. At the moment we have Yonge being redeveloped which consists of both condos and new retail. We have Bay a CONDO Corridor without much street presence. And finally we have UNiversity Dying for some love itself. Thankfully Shangri La and the hope of MARS 2 is helping things, but still University is way behind.

Thankfully Shangri La and the hope of MARS 2 is helping things, but still University is way behind.

Do you know something about MaRS 2 that we don't?

Pics taken July 9, 2011

Some cladding to cover up the concrete on the balconies.

fuvOq.jpg

xHzTA.jpg

truly UGLY building in my opinion .... it blends in perfectly with that ugly (medical) office abutting to the west ... hard to believe this is a high end million dollar plus residential condominium inside

Wow this building is despised. For me, it seems to just blend in with the other junk on the north side of Bloor quite well.

Bazis should be able to spice things up with their development planned here.

I like Museum House. Its form reminds me of the sort of apartment building you see everywhere in Japan.

That Intercontinental is one of the worst looking hotels in Toronto. I hope it goes soon.

I think it's quite handsome actually. Nice brick; simple, repetitive bays anchored to the east and west by larger bastions of hospitality; small, appropriate-for-their-time entrance and roof flourishes...

...And subjective (and erroneous) assessments of the Intercontinental as: "one of the worst looking hotels in Toronto" aside, it's got nuttin' on the Hilton Garden Horror Show down at Jarvis and Dundas. Future Pace residents, avert your eyes!

Back