News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

3rd place Goldy, 3.4%. Anyone who seriously thought she'd manage 10% needs their head examined. (Though of course, 3.4% is too much for the *left* to bear--heck, .34% would be too much for the left to bear. But heck, all that trollpaigning had to be good for *something*. Probably a whole bunch of "she wuz robbed" on Twitter and Sun comments and what have you, though)

She'll disappear now, not enough voteshare to even make noise n Toronto going forward. 10% or above would have raised eyebrows. Twitter Politics is little more than paid promoters and bots.

She'll disappear now, not enough voteshare to even make noise n Toronto going forward. 10% or above would have raised eyebrows. Twitter Politics is little more than paid promoters and bots.

Sadly no. She got more than most of us would have expected for a city that is over 50% visible minorities. And more importantly she's bolstered her profile. She'll be even more of a troll going forward.

So, I've seen one or two of you call council right-centre-left.

Anyone else?

My read is 10 Right, 9 Left, 6 Centre.

I don't see any of the 10 on the right moving to the middle.

Or any of the 9 being mushy either.

I"m trying to decide if the six will break clearly one way or the other.

Called it. Can't believe people thought Keesmaat had that much of a shot.

My Prediction:

Poll before the election : 5o% Tory 45%Keesmaat 5%Other

Actual result: 65% Tory 25%Keesmaat 10%Other

The Star even threw in the towel when she could justify more than 30%

Almost nailed it. Although this election was as straight forward as any.

Last edited:
3rd place Goldy, 3.4%. Anyone who seriously thought she'd manage 10% needs their head examined. (Though of course, 3.4% is too much for the *left* to bear--heck, .34% would be too much for the left to bear. But heck, all that trollpaigning had to be good for *something*. Probably a whole bunch of "she wuz robbed" on Twitter and Sun comments and what have you, though)
How can anyone this offensive get even 3% of anything?

Sadly no. She got more than most of us would have expected for a city that is over 50% visible minorities. And more importantly she's bolstered her profile. She'll be even more of a troll going forward.

A twitter troll yes. But her election days are basically done.

Saying that im sure someone similar will take the torch (bad pun) next time.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
50m

As Ezra Levant said about Faith Goldy last week, "You can’t go on a one-year racist bender and then say, 'Okay, I’m done. And now I’m gonna run a normal conservative campaign for mayor of Toronto.'"

He isn't lying.

Sadly no. She got more than most of us would have expected for a city that is over 50% visible minorities. And more importantly she's bolstered her profile.

Yep. She now knows which Toronto district to choose for a federal run.

Back