34     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 351     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 449     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

Davide Mastracci
@DavideMastracci

BREAKING: @FaithGoldy took her lawsuit against Bell to the wrong court, lost, and claims she wasted $50,000 in the process

Joseph Brean
@JosephBrean

BREAKING: Faith Goldy cannot force Bell Media to run her ads for Toronto mayor, Ontario Superior Court rules. She brought her lawsuit in the wrong court, a judge found. She is also polling too low for it to "have any realistic impact on the outcome of the election," judge says.

I guess she will have to grift for some more bitcoins...

Last edited:
Remember the debate in 2014, where Doug Ford fans got so unruly that most people left before it was over? What happened tonight was worse. I can only imagine how 2022 will be if/when a certain person decides to run for mayor again.

Though what may be a blessing in disguise is that Faith Goldy was not the only uninvited-candidate disruptive force--indeed, the presence of Kevin Clarke and D!ONNE Renee kind of brought Goldy down to their level: not so much scare as just plain fringe pest. (And today's court ruling reinforces such a message.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Faith Goldy severely underperformed relative to expectations of both followers and foes. And of course, she'll scream bloody sabotage, that everything was rigged against her, etc...

The Sun endorsed Tory, which isn't surprising. I bet they wanted to endorse Faith Goldy though and the suits said no.

Goes to all of the "what's so horrible about John Tory anyway" people.

https://twitter.com/shawnmicallef/status/1053261436250718209

1. Spooked Election ‏@shawnmicallef 3h3 hours ago
    Spooked Election Retweeted Ben Spurr

Indeed they did. A key member of Tory’s team called her a “A Canadian Patriot”.

Spooked Election added,

Ben SpurrVerified account@BenSpurr
    Well that was eventful. But Tory’s campaign certainly saw Goldy coming.
    Show this thread
    2 replies13 retweets29 likes
Spooked Election ‏@shawnmicallef

Dp3vsUgWoAApBWW.jpg

8:27 AM - 19 Oct 2018 from Toronto, Ontario

Any Canadian who uses “patriot” in a sentence should be smacked upside the head with a canoe paddle.

But then Nick’s a cadet instructor who thinks he’s a combat veteran.

Back