Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

I seriously doubt it ...

Steve Munro had a recent post about options being considered ... I think at best we should hope or this:

They completely build the dedicated lane as it is to be designed (i.e. to make the West 8 plan to the west of Yonge) ... but run buses on it.

Worse case; I think we'll get the temporary BRT lane, with no other improvements whatsoever.

I absolutely love this project.

They say that they don't make quality condos like they used to....
I think this is a truly livable building; just like the way they used to make the old condos; but with a 21st century touch.

Best project in Toronto!

So excited for this beauty.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the first things the city does with the 25% of local funding that metrolinx will provide through the transit tax will be to build this, it is their secondary transit priority over the DRL and the DRL is already accounted for in Metrolinx's plan.

The sheer value of this being on the waterfront and the fact that it would have the shortest transit ride out of all those projects should help. (Of course once the streetcar line gets built)

In order to build the streetcar line they'll have to renovate and enlarge the Union Station streetcar platform, turning loop, and tunnel. I've got a bad feeling it'll burn through a $billion or so, and there's no way the Fords will support it.

Perhaps after the Metrolinx transit funding report is released there will start to be movement on this, in the form of a costed wish list. Like many have said, LRT is the key to developing QQ East and the Port Lands. But I still see this as being 8-12 years off.

In order to build the streetcar line they'll have to renovate and enlarge the Union Station streetcar platform, turning loop, and tunnel. I've got a bad feeling it'll burn through a $billion or so, and there's no way the Fords will support it.

Perhaps after the Metrolinx transit funding report is released there will start to be movement on this, in the form of a costed wish list. Like many have said, LRT is the key to developing QQ East and the Port Lands. But I still see this as being 8-12 years off.

It is currently budgeted at $400 million, with about $200 million spent on the union station loop reconstruction.

Couldn't find a thread for it, and it may not warrant one yet anyway, but the steel for what looks like a sales centre is going up on south the south side of Queen's Quay.

Monde Condo start of construction

Waterfront Toronto is planning to sell a parcel of land to Great Gulf in the Parkside Area of the East Bay Front. Initial plans are for a 120-metre residential tower on a six-to-eight storey podium with retail-at-grade.

When is the construction starts for Monde Condo?! Until now! it's already April of 2013! it hasn't even started yet! Why is it taking so long to start this project?!!! :(

I have been on the fence about purchasing here for a while. I want to reside in the Easybayfront but not sure if I should wait for Bayside or buy a unit at Monde now. I've visited the sales centre many times and I know this really will be an amazing building.
My main concern and which is the reason I haven't purchased here is because of the delay. Does Great Gulf have the cash to start construction even if sales are still at 40-50%?

Back