Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

My point is that the Renforth Station is on the border of Mississauga and Toronto, so technically riders shouldn't have to pay a second fare to continue on the TTC at Islington station. Riders can come in from deep into York Region (Vaughan Station) without a second fare, yet they can't from the west when they are within the city. Riders on the North Side of the street on Steeles don't pay a second fare, either.

There are other irregularities in fares/doubling fares between East Mississauga and West Toronto. Traveling form Mississauga to Sherway Gardens or Woodbine (on MiWay) does not require an additional fare, but traveling from Toronto to Westwood mall (on TTC) does.
what? The TTC doesn't even service Westwood - yet alone charge a double fare.

the only place the TTC charges a double fare is on their limited amount of services running into York Region - and even then, from experience, it's poorly enforced and few actually pay it.

what? The TTC doesn't even service Westwood - yet alone charge a double fare.

the only place the TTC charges a double fare is on their limited amount of services running into York Region - and even then, from experience, it's poorly enforced and few actually pay it.

052map.gif

The 52 is the last of the TTC's routes operating in Mississauga territory. There is a a double fare for going beyond the airport (it used to be beyond Highway 427 making the airport require a second fare). There were others - a branch of the 32 that ran in the 2000s, and earlier than that, the 74 Port Credit route, later taken over by Mississauga Transit.

I'm surprised that the 52 B/D is still a thing, but it remains as a contracted Mississauga route.

^The 52B/D actually get fairly good ridership west of the airport so it doesnt surprise me that much. That and the fact that MiWay wouldnt have an obvious routing to replace it (unless they ran some kind of branch of the 7 from Westwood to the Airport, which would get piss pour ridership).

Did you narrate this video?
Yeah, it was a bit of a puzzle as to the vocal register except it was run double speed with the vid. At the end of the vid, I recollect a station announcement that seemed normal register...???

Just checking it out again, the overdubbed music seems in the right register...???

Transitway ridership up 14%, 4.7 Million riders. These numbers are surprising, especially with the poor connection between Mavis and Hurontario....
So, total ridership is up 2.6% to ~40 million.....so it is up about 1 million.

Of the 40 million, 4.7million were on Transitway....which is a 14% increase.....so about 600k of the 1 mil increase.......so the rest of the system saw 400k increase (about 1.1%).....is that what the numbers say?

4.7M riders is around
So, total ridership is up 2.6% to ~40 million.....so it is up about 1 million.

Of the 40 million, 4.7million were on Transitway....which is a 14% increase.....so about 600k of the 1 mil increase.......so the rest of the system saw 400k increase (about 1.1%).....is that what the numbers say?

No, 4.7 million is boardings (unlinked trips). 40 million is revenue riders (linked trips). So around 55 million boardings or unlinked trips system-wide.

It's not clear if 4.7 million boardings means transitway stations or the transitway routes, which do not serve the transitway exclusively. I'm not sure how they would count boardings at transitway stations. And GO uses the transitway as well.

107 and 109 got around 13,000 boardings per weekday combined in 2016, so I think the 4.7 million figure actually refers to the combined 100/107/109 ridership.

4.7 million boardings is around 15,000 boardings per weekday, around half the riders of the 19/103 Hurontario/Express (19 Hurontario had 5.5 million annual boardings or 20,000 average weekday boardings in 2004).

Transitway is probably Mississauga's 3rd busiest local transit corridor now, behind Hurontario and Dundas. Hurontario is around 25,000 (not including Zum 502), Dundas around 20,000, Eglinton around 12,000.

4.7 million is MiWay routes only on transitway. Go Bus is not included nor MiWay buses linking to transitway.

14% is pretty good. If it increases around 10% for the next couple of years that would put it around 6 Million. That would be impressive considering poor connections at city center and running through hydro corridor.

If they actually complete the City Centre Missing Link as I call it, Eglinton west LRT connects to it and links to Pearson this may one day warrant an LRT on it...

How much will Transitway ridership increase when the Crosstown is completed to Mt Dennis? When/if it is extended to Renforth?

If they don't start the extension construction before Crosstown opens, prepare for lots of lamenting about 'the gap.'

The 52 is the last of the TTC's routes operating in Mississauga territory. There is a a double fare for going beyond the airport (it used to be beyond Highway 427 making the airport require a second fare). There were others - a branch of the 32 that ran in the 2000s, and earlier than that, the 74 Port Credit route, later taken over by Mississauga Transit.

I'm surprised that the 52 B/D is still a thing, but it remains as a contracted Mississauga route.

I wonder why the 36 Finch West isn't extended to Westwood as it's such a hub and close to the existing route terminus.

Back