Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

My wife walked by this development earlier and actually texted me about this. She thought it felt cozy and big city.

I currently live in this type of situation like at this development and it’s fine. It’s not for everyone, but I don’t even notice the other people in their units tbh.
Huh. Definitely happy that I asked. Thanks for responding.

My wife walked by this development earlier and actually texted me about this. She thought it felt cozy and big city.

I currently live in this type of situation like at this development and it’s fine. It’s not for everyone, but I don’t even notice the other people in their units tbh.
Funny enough despite the colour of the buildings being a bit off in comparison to the red-brick area, I actually agree it feels like a cozy edition to the neighbourhood.

https://www.timeout.com/travel/coolest-neighbourhoods-in-the-world

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 12.38.39 AM.png

The Annex made it in TimeOut's coolest neighbourhoods in the world right now at #38.

The Honest Ed's redevelopment was mentioned.

No pictures today, just an observation......

When down at the site today, I had a look into the Bestco (Supermarket) space.

I don't think they'll make Christmas, they don't even have the shell finished, they're not ready for fit out, never mind shelf stocking.

I'm surprised, I would have thought there would have been a hard push to be open for a big sales season.

Not impossible to make it as this point, but not likely, they are many weeks of work out.

Why are Westbank’s projects in Toronto so late? This and the building on Adelaide are rentals so you would think that they would want to start generating income as soon as possible!

Why are Westbank’s projects in Toronto so late? This and the building on Adelaide are rentals so you would think that they would want to start generating income as soon as possible!

@ProjectEnd might have some insight....

I couldn't say.

@ProjectEnd might have some insight....

I couldn't say.
Nothing directly for Westbank, but in general for rental, especially if the party developing it is holding the asset, you want to take the time to get everything right. Unfortunately with condos, the rush is to close your units, get the building turned over to the board, and get your money. With rental, things left incomplete or in a state of disrepair will only hurt you down the line in terms of op costs so taking the time to get it right when crews are mobilized and on site is paramount.

I also think it's hard to say who's truly responsible for the delays too -- I believe Westbank is using Ellis Don as their CM for this project, 19 Duncan and King Toronto which is also behind schedule. So, that may be a factor.

That, plus these are all 3 big projects for Westbank, happening around the same time without much other experience in the city -- aside from the Shangri-la a number of years ago.

I also think it's hard to say who's truly responsible for the delays too -- I believe Westbank is using Ellis Don as their CM for this project, 19 Duncan and King Toronto which is also behind schedule. So, that may be a factor.

That, plus these are all 3 big projects for Westbank, happening around the same time without much other experience in the city -- aside from the Shangri-la a number of years ago.

In speaking with someone who works at the company, Ellis Don vacated the bathurst site, this was roughly two months ago, I'm not sure if things have changed.

Back