Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

@mjl08 above is correct, now, that's less of an issue in the core; but there is still an issue. Restaurants who buy directly from retail, in particular, but also some of the Rosedale/Forest Hill set who may buy a new release from Vintages by the case, tend to want to load those in the trunk of a car; and that advantages stores that have free/cheap, ample parking over those that do not.
Yup, licensees (restaurants, banquet halls, etc.) want parking. Apparently the new Queen's Quay location has taken a hit with licensees because it isn't deemed as parking-friendly as it was before. Many are now heading to the Summerhill (North Toronto Station) or Laird locations instead.

Great pics everyone! A few pix of what is going to be the food hall/events centre. Pix taken 27 April.
E8192723-19E7-4D91-8408-194AA6E07787.jpeg
2ACB9CF8-FF02-4F0C-B0EE-483BFDF3B34C.jpeg

Also, Taiwanese Bakery/Cafe concept Le Petite Colline will be opening here.

This is the website for their existing outpost up on Steeles: https://www.shanshancafe.com/

They have a large, and rather eclectic set of offerings:

Below:

View attachment 469105
View attachment 469101

Lots of more traditional bakery options and lots of coffee as well, more here: https://order.mrsdigi.com/363815210802005/bd2090ae-d861-5663-b76d-7272348fa9b3#/menu-full

Just to back you up, it seems they are going into the prominent Bloor and Bathurst corner. Based on the signage documents.

202305096685574098512547546.jpg

I could not be more disappointed that 5 fine grain retail storefronts have been merged into one spot for this stupid college outpost. There was nowhere else they could have put this? So annoying. Why does it need to occupy a ground floor? That could have been a coffee shop, a barber, a flower shop, a convenience store, and a bakery! Grrrrr
IMG_0152.jpeg

Last edited:
I mean that stretch of Bathurst isn't exactly prime retail space and this project is going to be extremely diverse on the retail front, and a College isn't exactly a nail salon or bank in terms of traffic generation.. It's not the end of the world to me.

I mean that stretch of Bathurst isn't exactly prime retail space and this project is going to be extremely diverse on the retail front, and a College isn't exactly a nail salon or bank in terms of traffic generation.. It's not the end of the world to me.
There are more towers coming to this intersection and Bathurst Street is a densification corridor zoned for midrise.
Also, they were all filled before the development and if the neighbourhood was able to support shops on a quiet side street (Markham) before this development, surely there is enough demand.

Back