Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

I agree that the lack of retail is an issue but at the same time I do imagine it would be difficult to get the critical mass of foot traffic here to make a store (or stores) viable. With regard to the towers, could you elaborate on why you don't want them?

Welcome to the forum btw.

The proposed towers are overdeveloped for the area. We need something in the 20 story range - not 50.

I couldn't find any reason why people already living here would want these two High rise towers here. This project will not add any value or features to build a better living community here. It is only adding a mass of foot traffic and car traffic here as I can imagine.
- The two towers is too high which will block the sun light to the condo builds around it and the lake side park.
- The two towers will block the lake views to all the builds around it in which the people might have bought their homes because of the lake views
- it is going to add 800+ units, 2000 peoples to the area with lack of retails in walking distance such as stores, dry cleaners, coffee shops, deli...
- It potentially reduce the value of other condos around which is facing it.

If there will be stores on that area, the bottle neck to get foot traffic to there will only be the bridge on windermere and i think this can be improved by changing it in some way to improve the route under the bridge.

As a newly developed community I think people here always welcome new resident. Alternative, i think the builder can rethink the plan such as building some low level condos with retail space or anything that will add value tho the people lives here. not just thinking build something as high as possible, as many units as possible to maximized their own pockets but disregards the down side to people here.

I agree that the lack of retail is an issue but at the same time I do imagine it would be difficult to get the critical mass of foot traffic here to make a store (or stores) viable. With regard to the towers, could you elaborate on why you don't want them?

Welcome to the forum btw.

The foot traffic would come and go to the streetcar on The Queensway. There are some convenience stores at The Queensway and Windermere Avenue, however the plaza that used to tucked away northwest of there on Southport Street is in the deadpool.

I couldn't find any reason why people already living here would want these two High rise towers here. This project will not add any value or features to build a better living community here. It is only adding a mass of foot traffic and car traffic here as I can imagine.
- The two towers is too high which will block the sun light to the condo builds around it and the lake side park.
- The two towers will block the lake views to all the builds around it in which the people might have bought their homes because of the lake views
- it is going to add 800+ units, 2000 peoples to the area with lack of retails in walking distance such as stores, dry cleaners, coffee shops, deli...
- It potentially reduce the value of other condos around which is facing it.

If there will be stores on that area, the bottle neck to get foot traffic to there will only be the bridge on windermere and i think this can be improved by changing it in some way to improve the route under the bridge.

As a newly developed community I think people here always welcome new resident. Alternative, i think the builder can rethink the plan such as building some low level condos with retail space or anything that will add value tho the people lives here. not just thinking build something as high as possible, as many units as possible to maximized their own pockets but disregards the down side to people here.

Adds traffic? Foot traffic is needed, but otherwise this sits between two of the busiest roads in Toronto, added traffic from this will be unnoticeable

Views and lost property values is pointless to argue, the only views this would be blocking is the westward views from the west tower in the complex beside it. High park is north of this, no lost views there. As for those residents, they should have expected the views to be lost considering they bought a unit facing an underused 5 floor hotel with a high redevelopment potential. Foot traffic in this area is extremely low, to worry about "walking congestion" is silly. 100x the amount of people walk down the skinny sidewalks of Yonge street just fine.

Stores could be used, but unless you constantly use dry cleaners and nail salons I have a feeling you will be disappointed.

As for those residents, they should have expected the views to be lost considering they bought a unit facing an underused 5 floor hotel with a high redevelopment potential.

Oh yeah! Residents should definitely have expected the hotel to be demolished - stupid them! *roll eyes*

I agree that rejecting this development can't be based on it potentially obstructing a view. However, new developments at Humber Shores and Bayside are now thankfully tapered towards the lake - why should this stretch of land be any different?

Oh yeah! Residents should definitely have expected the hotel to be demolished - stupid them! *roll eyes*

I agree that rejecting this development can't be based on it potentially obstructing a view. However, new developments at Humber Shores and Bayside are now thankfully tapered towards the lake - why should this stretch of land be any different?

Every other hotel along Lake Shore has been demolished for development. It's really not a stretch of the imagination.

Complaining about another tower being built in this neighbourhood is like complaining about another detatched home being constructed in forest hill. That's the nature of the neighbourhood.

Certainly there should be some mid-rise and retail development in the future.. but I don't think it's reached that critical mass yet.

Complaining about another tower being built in this neighbourhood is like complaining about another detatched home being constructed in forest hill. That's the nature of the neighbourhood.

I don't think anyone said they were against the lot being redeveloped, however, there are concerns with current proposal.

For weeks they've been demolishing material from the inside. Why bother doing this? Is it to collect metal?

They might have to deal with asbestos, you have to carefully remove that instead of just bringing the wrecking ball to it.

photo55.jpg

Could it be asbestos? Its mainly the exterior they're removing, with no protection really.

Attachments

• photo55.jpg
    photo55.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 834
That podium is brutal and creates an unwelcoming barrier on Lake Shore Blvd.
I agree with Urbandreamer, the towers are boring and typical of most developments along the waterfront which has sort of Dubai gimmicky architecture.
I always thought it would be weird to live on this island of a property sandwiched between the Gardiner and Lakeshore St.

Back