Toronto Minto Yorkville Park Condos | 75.89m | 25s | Minto Group | IBI Group

^Lol, well it does seem the Iranians are taking over Yorkville. Or maybe it's just I keep noticing all the gorgeous stylish Persian ladies? :D

It's definitely aimed at the old folks though--55+; of course some younger foreign money types will buy here as well, and some established Toronto money that follows Minto wherever they build....

It's a good location, but the best location? The subway can be heard rumbling underneath here, I know I wouldn't pay $2000PSF for the privilege.... Also, many potential sites next door could be built taller, blocking many views in the future.

If you're gonna live over the subway, why not at the Cumberland Terrace redevelopment?

CN Tower, I think I know who you are....

My wisdom teeth were extracted at 94 Cumberland and I'm currently becoming fluent in French at 94 Cumberland. Not that that has much to do with this development proposal.

I guess I'd have to see better renderings, but I can't help thinking this would ultimately be better as a re-cladding with beefed-up ground-floor retail and maybe a few additional residential floors added to the top.

To be considered by Toronto & East York Community Council on January 18, 2011:

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2011.TE3.23
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2011/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-34587.pdf

Proposed 26 storeys, 5 levels underground parking, first 3 floors to be retial & restaurants

Architect is IBI Group ... looks like a pretty orgnaic yet funky shaped building footprint, should be fun to see ~ :)

Any news on this. I couldn't find it in yesterday's minutes.

According to the Toronto & East York Meeting schedule, it says that the report was amended. I couldn't find what was amended, but given that it was just a preliminary report it is too early to tell what the ultimate decision will be. A statutory public meeting is still required to take place before a final report is brought to the Community Council.

Any news on this. I couldn't find it in yesterday's minutes.

Decision from January 18, 2011 TEYCC (http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewPublishedReport.do?function=getDecisionDocumentReport&meetingId=4423):

TE3.23 ACTION Amended Ward:27

Preliminary Report - 94 Cumberland Street - Rezoning Application
Committee Decision

The Toronto and East York Community Council directed that:
1. Staff schedule a community consultation meeting for the lands at 94 Cumberland Street together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and expanded to include additional condominium owners and residents in the area bounded by Charles Street to Davenport Road and Avenue Road/Queen’s Park to Yonge Street, with the costs to be borne by the applicant.
3. Notice for the public meeting under the Planning Act be given according to the regulations under the Planning Act.

All Minto projects look the exact same. They all price things pretty high so I'd expect this one to be pretty $$$.

You should have seen the original design and renderings... It looked like a giant steel beer can.

Back