Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

If anyone comments on their distaste for the city's hydro wires hanging from poles along the streets, I am going to go crazy. But I know it will happen.

Wonderful photo!!! I love the colours of the tower against the sky.

Hopefully those ones will be buried when the LRT/subway gets built.

From my balcony both these buildings seem complete and fully occupied, and I've been at the Keg there twice now. Should this thread be moved elsewhere?

I am trying to take the wires in stride. In many places they aren't terribly offensive, and even cleaning them up without full burial (as on Queen East in parts) is a huge improvement.

But what's going on on Eglinton west of Yonge is shocking, and is demonstrative a) of Toronto Hydro's utter disregard for the city it supposedly serves b) of the municipal government's complete disinterest in aesthetics and c) Torontonians' resignation to a cheap, degraded public realm.

Actually, it's not really resignation, since that would connote having lowered expectations at some point. I think many really don't care at all.

Minto was testing LEDs last night:

2114627645_d1c3c4b41e.jpg

2114628897_a351d3eb1a.jpg

2114629607_baa83f300a.jpg

What ever happened to this?

These towers look great. It's too bad they had to deviate from the original design though. I wonder if the village idiots notice a huge difference now that it's a few storeys shorter than planned.

Novae Res Urbis

LEED gold for Minto Midtown

January 8, 2010

The condominium towers at Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue have been certified LEED gold making Minto Midtown the largest multi-residential LEED-certified condominium in North America. Minto is the only residential developer in Canada with three LEED Canada certified high-rise condominium communities and has pioneered energysaving features such as the “all-off †switch that allows residents to save energy. At the midtown building the majority of construction materials were locally produced and 85 per cent of the waste was diverted from landfill.

I really like the Minto Midtown project, that's very impressive that they also received LEED Gold, well done Minto.

If we are going to get a box (boxes?) at 1 BE how about a couple of baby's with a design inspired by these, with an appropriate retail podium of course.

Sadly, Minto finally got around to updating their site and all the links you kindly provided are now broken. We're looking to purchase unit 905 - I believe it was called the Landmark? 2bdrm+den...any chance you have these floorplans saved somewhere and might be willing to share?

Sadly, Minto finally got around to updating their site and all the links you kindly provided are now broken. We're looking to purchase unit 905 - I believe it was called the Landmark? 2bdrm+den...any chance you have these floorplans saved somewhere and might be willing to share?

I have them, send me a PM with your email address, which building (north or south) and the suite number ("01", "02" etc.) and I'll forward it on to you.

I am also thinking of purchasing a 1+1 at minto north.

However the current price is too high for what it is.

What do you guys think, is it worth it??

i need an advice.. or should i just go for Yonge and Finch area where its cheaper
and might appreciate in value in the future..

Do you think Minto will appreciate in 10~15years time?
i keep hearing that it's selling at highest point right now... :(

headache..

Back